Search 69,459 Camino Questions

4th Camino Experience (with some photos)

JJinWI

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 French Way
2022 French Way
In 2018, I completed my first Camino de Santiago. Those 34 days were magical, filled with stunning landscapes and connections with fellow pilgrims from around the world. What was meant to be a once-in-a-lifetime adventure turned into a recurring journey.

I had such an incredible time that I returned in both 2022 and 2023.

And guess what? I’m doing it again for the fourth time! Some might call me crazy, but there’s something about the Camino that keeps calling me back.

Right now, I’m halfway through this latest pilgrimage. If you’re curious, here’s the link to my blog: https://jjcamino.notion.site/

I try and update it every couple of days.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!

FYI, here are a few photos so far...

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

-jj

DSC00563.jpgDSC00441.jpgDSC00770.jpgDSC01165.jpgDSC01280.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You take some nice photos. Maybe you should think about some of the other pilgrim routes, Especailly the ones less traveled. You might enjoy a completely different type of pilgrimage to Santiago.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
JJ, Really great blog and spectacular photos. I’m mad jealous of your “among the poppies” photos. We were on the CF in April/May and they were just appearing.

In 2018, I completed my first Camino de Santiago. Those 34 days were magical, filled with stunning landscapes and connections with fellow pilgrims from around the world. What was meant to be a once-in-a-lifetime adventure turned into a recurring journey.

I had such an incredible time that I returned in both 2022 and 2023.

And guess what? I’m doing it again for the fourth time! Some might call me crazy, but there’s something about the Camino that keeps calling me back.

Right now, I’m halfway through this latest pilgrimage. If you’re curious, here’s the link to my blog: https://jjcamino.notion.site/

I try and update it every couple of days.

I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures!

FYI, here are a few photos so far...

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

-jj

View attachment 172120
View attachment 172122View attachment 172121
View attachment 172123
View attachment 172124
Your pictures are gorgeous. I also thought one pilgrimage would be enough, which seems a funny notion after doing several and planning the next....

Just started reading your blog and wanted to comment, so I joined Notion, but as I'm a little challenged when it comes to technology, I can't seem to find how to comment. Just wanted to say, we here in Australia also call water fountains (sounds too posh) bubblers, or at least we did when I went to school in the 60s and 70s. Plus I can't believe you haven't met any of us on all your Caminos, we are our there. Looking forward to reading the rest of your blog. Buen Camino.

Learn proper bathroom protocol on the Camino and share this info with other pilgrims.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
jj
I'm following your blog and am fascinated - it's a fabulous read and so informative. I'm hoping to do the Camino next summer so it's very useful to read each day as you go.
One question I had is whether you are booking accommodation as you go. I will be hiking with two 13 year olds in July 2025 so any advice re accommodation is welcome.
Buen camino
Lucy

Most read last week in this forum

Hi- I will be finishing up the Via Podiensis in a few days and then starting on the Frances from SJPDP. Is there any reason for me to visit the pilgrim office (and probably wait on a long line)...
I am an Old School Pilgrim, too set in my ways, I can understand and accept the Cell Phone priorities sweeping today's Pilgrim community back in the good old bad days coin-fed albergue computers...
I arrived on the Francés yesterday in Estella. Stayed in the Albergue Curtadores on the entry to town. Few pilgrims for a big albergue. And tonight I’m by myself at the one-of-a-kind Casa Tiago in...
My wife and I are planning to return to the CF next May (2025), having walked it in 2016. How far in advance can one book beds at Orisson and Roncesvalles? We had no trouble pre-booking these last...
I passed through Nájera today. To quote John Lennon, “ I just had to look”. As you probably know, the red sandstone cliffs run right alongside the houses. Definitely unusual. These red beds...
i did the French way a couple of years ago from Roncesvalles, right after covid. i’m elderly and very slow. i would like to return in 2025, to do it again while my body may still let me. last...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back