Where to stay close to the Santiago Airport

vpwalsh829

Jun 22, 2022
Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2012 Leon-Santiago; Sep 2022 St. Jean-Moxia.
I am planning to take an early 6:45 AM flight to Barcelona from Santiago on November 6. Does anyone know how early I need to be at the airport? I would like to stay close to the airport the night before my departure. I would appreciate any input on lodgings that have either early airport shuttle service or a bus stop going to the airport close by. Do taxis operate at 5:00 AM? Thank you for any information. Regards, Vincent Walsh

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

donalomahony

Veteran Member
Jun 19, 2013
Ireland
"Camino from 2013 to 2019" paused for now...
I would appreciate any input on lodgings that have either early airport shuttle service or a bus stop going to the airport close by.

Check out San Marcos (location between santiago de compostela AND the Airport) on Booking.com

Good luck and enjoy

Donal

Jan 16, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Most recent: Fall 2023 Aragonés, Frances
I am planning to take an early 6:45 AM flight to Barcelona from Santiago on November 6. Does anyone know how early I need to be at the airport? I would like to stay close to the airport the night before my departure. I would appreciate any input on lodgings that have either early airport shuttle service or a bus stop going to the airport close by. Do taxis operate at 5:00 AM? Thank you for any information. Regards, Vincent Walsh
Hotel Garcas is 3 km from the airport. A comfortable hotel with great restaurant. I've stayed there before when I had a very early (6am) flight. A quick taxi ride and the hotel will book it for you.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Hotel Garcas is 3 km from the airport. A comfortable hotel with great restaurant. I've stayed there before when I had a very early (6am) flight. A quick taxi ride and the hotel will book it for you.

Or walk! 3kms is only 45 minutes or so.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

annakappa

RIP 2024
Jan 6, 2009
Costa Rica
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Hostal Vicky in Barajas village offers free transport day or night.

Reactions: mcm
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

annakappa

RIP 2024
Jan 6, 2009
Costa Rica
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
  • Love - Red heart
Reactions: trecile and SabsP

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.