Using Express Bourricot.

montyhiker

Jan 3, 2024
Asheville, NC USA
Time of past OR future Camino
April/May 2024
Hola fellow Pilgrims! I’m new here on the Forum so forgive me if this is a terribly redundant question, but I just heard back from Express Bourricot and they quoted me €130 for a shuttle transport from Biarritz airport to SJPDP. I’ll be a solo hiker needing transportation on April 23rd, 2024. Maybe I’m missing something but I thought it would be less expensive than that. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

LdnWalker

Oct 19, 2016
Frances 2012
Ingles 2015
Frances (SJPDP-Logrono) 2016
Depending on your arrival time you may be able to take the train, which is cheaper. Or you could find others travelling at the same time to share the cost. I booked Express Bourricot years ago and it was a bit cheaper than your quote but considering how costs have risen the past few years it’s not surprising.

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Jan 9, 2012
West Sussex, England
Hola fellow Pilgrims! I’m new here on the Forum so forgive me if this is a terribly redundant question, but I just heard back from Express Bourricot and they quoted me €130 for a shuttle transport from Biarritz airport to SJPDP. I’ll be a solo hiker needing transportation on April 23rd, 2024. Maybe I’m missing something but I thought it would be less expensive than that. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Buen Camino.
EB have quoted you for solo travel. They will endeavour to fill their mini-bus. If they succeed then the fare is split between all passengers.

All this is made explicitly clear on their website: https://www.expressbourricot.com/passengers-transport/

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Apr 6, 2013
Northern Virginia
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
If you are the first person creating a reservation for a date, you are quoted the full fare - as if it were a private ride.

As you get closer to the date, if more people also want a ride on that date, the price drops proportionally.

That’s the easiest and simplest explanation you will find, IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Reactions: D74 and ajpm2222
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

montyhiker

Jan 3, 2024
Asheville, NC USA
April/May 2024
If you are the first person creating a reservation for a date, you are quoted the full fare - as if it were a private ride.

As you get closer to the date, if more people also want a ride on that date, the price drops proportionally.

That’s the easiest and simplest explanation you will find, IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Tom
Thanks Tom, it helps a lot.

Reactions: t2andreo

Simperegrina

Sep 3, 2023
UK
Frances 2023-24, Portugues Central, Invierno 2024
Although it can’t be guaranteed, it’s a fairly safe bet that others will book seats so your cost will come down. But it can be a bit of a rush of bookings very close to the date and you might not get your final portion of that €130 confirmed until the last minute.

Reactions: t2andreo
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides