• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spiritual Variante

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2024
We are in Ponteverde (Sunday, 5/5). We will be doing the Armenteira to Villa Nova da Rousa. We are curious as to the conditions of the trail today. Thank you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello,

We passed from Armenteira via Ruta da Pedra e da Auga two days ago. It was on the tail end of several days of rain and we didn't find it particularly challenging. The rocky trail was slick in some spot but passable. The roar of the water flow steps from the trail was magical to be honest.

Farther down the trail after the descent (approaching Ponte Arnelas) there was an area of flooded riverbank. The water depth is deceptive - we flooded our shoes in calf deep water. Other than that one spot, it was a great trek. There may be a way to get around it - we stubbornly just pushed through rather than retreat and go around. Result was wet feet and the first blister of our camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am thinking of doing this route tomorrow but there is only very expensive accommodation available in A Armenteria. I know I can try the monastery but if they are full are there bus...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back