• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spiritual Variant- Armenteira

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2015
Peregrinos,
Has anyone had luck RECENTLY getting a bed at the monestery in Armenteira? If so, was there a line, how many pilgrims got beds, etc?
Also curious at Municipal Albergue in Arousa. Has that been filling up?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A couple of items to know about the Monastery in Armenteira. There are only 25 beds with priority given to regular guests who may reserve. Pilgrims can not reserve in advance. It is expensive compared to the local albergue. There is no dorm and a single room is 50€, double 75€ and triple is 90€. No meals are available and only a coffee maker and tea kettle available. They do ask that you be silent while in the monastery. They also did not accommodate pilgrims last year in July, August and September.

For those who want to experience staying in the monastery, it is possible to make a reservation for 2 nights (July, August and September are a three night minimum) with prices 60€ single, 90€ double and 120€ triple wich includes all meals. If you are looking for a rest day with no distractions, this might be for you.

I expect lodging to be an issue for many this year. The local Albergue has only 17 beds and they will most likely all be reserved. The 4 star Pousada has 23 rooms with prices over 100€. There are a few private places mentioned as well.

We stayed in the Monastery in October of 2022. I did make a reservation via email to Paula. The cost was $75.00 for a triple room. I enjoyed it. There is a public albergue there, but I am not sure how many beds they have. The nuns make nice soap and other items. They sell them at their store.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We stayed in the Monastery in October of 2022. I did make a reservation via email to Paula. The cost was $75.00 for a triple room. I enjoyed it. There is a public albergue there, but I am not sure how many beds they have. The nuns make nice soap and other items. They sell them at their store.
Unfortunately, they are not taking reservations at this time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A couple of items to know about the Monastery in Armenteira. There are only 25 beds with priority given to regular guests who may reserve. Pilgrims can not reserve in advance. It is expensive compared to the local albergue. There is no dorm and a single room is 50€, double 75€ and triple is 90€. No meals are available and only a coffee maker and tea kettle available. They do ask that you be silent while in the monastery. They also did not accommodate pilgrims last year in July, August and September.

For those who want to experience staying in the monastery, it is possible to make a reservation for 2 nights (July, August and September are a three night minimum) with prices 60€ single, 90€ double and 120€ triple wich includes all meals. If you are looking for a rest day with no distractions, this might be for you.

I expect lodging to be an issue for many this year. The local Albergue has only 17 beds and they will most likely all be reserved. The 4 star Pousada has 23 rooms with prices over 100€. There are a few private places mentioned as well.
When we stayed last May with Sister Paula there were only 5 rooms available. Not sure they added more rooms. This year Sister Paula told us there are no reservations for anyone. Two different experiences, so make sure you call and get the information directly from Sr. Paula.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Desperately looking for lodge in Armenteria on May 11. I plan to arrive in Monastery around 11 am to see if there is a room available. Can I book public Albergues?
Thanks

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am thinking of doing this route tomorrow but there is only very expensive accommodation available in A Armenteria. I know I can try the monastery but if they are full are there bus...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back