• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Little sculptures

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino de la Lana
Santo Domingo de Silos

photo taken January 24, 2013

Santo Domingo de Silos.jpg

This bronze monument is of the 11th c. Abbot for whom the great monastery is named; the elongated silhouette and accentuated curves appear to be in the Spanish Modernismo style.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Camino Frances
location ??
photo taken ??

Shell.jpg

I have always liked this little sculpture of a shell. However I know neither where or when I shot it! The distinctive vegetation should be a clue. I first used it in a 2010 blog. Perhaps you have also shot this and can locate it?

I have always liked this little sculpture of a shell. ... Perhaps you have also shot this and can locate it?
I tried using Google Lens. Surprisingly a large percentage of possibilities were of Our Ladies. I added camino as a search term and saw a number of nearly identical tiles inserted into different walls. The shell on the webpage below, though not the same one posted, is the closest match in my opinion.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I tried using Google Lens. Surprisingly a large percentage of possibilities were of Our Ladies. I added camino as a search term and saw a number of nearly identical tiles inserted into different walls. The shell on the webpage below, though not the same one posted, is the closest match in my opinion.

Thanks for searching. I did use Google Lens also to no exact match. If I ever walk the CF again other than in my memory I'll try to find it.

I have always liked this little sculpture of a shell. However I know neither where or when I shot it! The distinctive vegetation should be a clue
Perhaps. The plant in the foreground looks like an oleander. So that narrows down the possibilities a bit - more likely in Galicia than elsewhere? Just thinking aloud.

Stunning photo! And fascinating questions. On this knowledgeable forum someone probably knows an answer. I do not, so I apologize for speculating, but do you think it could be an allusion to the Sudarium of Oviedo, the cloth said to cover Christ’s head in the tomb - but only the head?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Camino Frances
leaving La Virgen del Camino

photo taken November 13, 2011

metal pilgrim.jpg

This metal pilgrim pointed towards the two ways to leave the town near the junction of the main CF, which parallels the noisy route N120 direct to Villadangos, and the peaceful alternate camino going slightly SW to Villar de Mazarife.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Vilar de Donas
Iglesia de San Salvador
door hardware

photo taken November 13, 2004

Iglesia de San Salvador de Vilar de Donas.jpg

East of Palas de Rei the 12th c. Iglesia de San Salvador de Vilar de Donas was for centuries the official burial place of the Chevaliers de Santiago.

Camino Frances
Villalcazar de Sirga
Iglesia de Santa María la Blanca
overdoor panel

photo taken March 1, 2007

Iglesia de Santa María la Blanca.jpg

The Virgin holding baby Jesus is the central figure in this panel. Santa María la Blanca, the masive and austere 12th-14th c. fortress-church, was originally built by/for the Knights Templer and later became a royal Marian sanctuary .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I regret not reading Iberia earlier, however, it is never to late to read this marvelous tome, published in 1968. I just finished reading it, two years after beginning my Camino Frances. In Iberia...
Look at this! My daily walking route in my neighborhood has a recently inaugurated Cruceiro flown over from Spain! Like it’s sister Cruceiro it was sculpted from a single block of granite the new...
The Pilgrim Garden is an outdoor restorative place for pilgrims to restore, reflect, journal, pray, or simply enjoy nature. Installation May 11, 2024 along Camino Frances in Os Chacotes Park...
Laberinto del Camino is new labyrinth peace/prayer path built for pilgrims located in Os Chacotes Park, Palas de Rei along Camino Frances. Installed May 2022. This labyrinth invites all pilgrims...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.