• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is Novellana on this route? I’m walking from Santiago to Muxía and then on to Finesterre.

AnnL

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2023
I am walking feom Santiago to Muxia and then on to Finestette. I have a reservation in Novellana at the Hotel Restaurante de Fornon. Is this near the Camino, and Santa Marina? O can’t seem to locate it in the ma.

Also, any suggestions for a midway stopping point between Muxia and Finnesterre?

Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Also, any suggestions for a midway stopping point between Muxia and Finnesterre?
Lires is the only town (that I know of) between the two.
I stayed in the hotel Liresca one year and it was very nice.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am walking feom Santiago to Muxia and then on to Finestette. I have a reservation in Novellana at the Hotel Restaurante de Fornon. Is this near the Camino, and Santa Marina? O can’t seem to locate it in the ma.
I am afraid not: it is about 300 km from Muxia.
Lires

Lires has had a mini explosion in terms of accommodations. You can choose an old style Pension, two newer, more upscale hotels, or a room in one of several casas rurales. I just went through a few days ago and was shocked to see how much had been built for the pilgrim trade. Gronze lists all the options here.

I have a reservation in Novellana at the Hotel Restaurante de Fornon
Thinking that there was a mistake in the name that got you a reservation in Asturias instead of Galicia I Googled for the hotel name but adding Galicia to the search terms. A paid ad brought up the place in Novellana but otherwise Google wanted to use Forno instead of Fornon. Too many places came up for me to guess at what place you may have meant when you made your reservation. Here's what I searched for:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

A short video about the continuing problem of pilgrims leaving clothing and other items near the lighthouse in Fisterra. A "tradition" which local people would like to see stopped...
Hello, first post - so mods, please move if this isn't an appropriate location for my post. I'm walking to Muxia / Finisterre in September with my husband who is recovering from long covid...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back