Can I bring my bicycle on a train from Barcelona to Pamplona and Santiago to Madrid?

brownowl

Dec 29, 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago
If I can bring my bike on a train from Barcelona to Pamplona and Santiago to Madrid, do I have to disassemble it and put it in a bike box? Or can I leave it assembled? Thanks very much. Also, is May a good month to be cycling in Spain on the Camino Frances and/or Camino de Norte?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
As far as I know you can take your bike on every train , it has to be in a bike cover and it has to be a certain size .
120x40x90 and no wheels mounted.
You have to check this before you go because things can change .

Wish you well , Peter .

Jun 15, 2016
Co Louth or Auckland
2007 Frances, 2013 Via dela plata, 2016 Portugues, 2019 Camino Primitivo, 2013 Via Francigena
I think the only train you can’t take your bike on is the fastest one. It’s TGV in France, not sure what it’s called in Spain. That said, we were stranded at a remote station waiting for the TGV to Paris, to link up with the Eurostar to London, and the very nice station guard became blind to our appearance. We took the wheels off our bikes, made them as small as possible, and fit them on the luggage rack. We got charged for them....on the train, but it was not overly expensive.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jun 15, 2016
Co Louth or Auckland
2007 Frances, 2013 Via dela plata, 2016 Portugues, 2019 Camino Primitivo, 2013 Via Francigena
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides