• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Which Camino?

TrailRunner

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2023: Lebaniego, Vadiniense y San Salvador
Would love some suggestions please. Having done the Primitivo, Lebaniego, Vadiniense y San Salvador caminos last year (and walked to Finisterre-Muxia), am looking to return to do some more walking along the caminos this autumn. Probably 12 days walking. Am very fit and able to walk long distances (circa 40-50kms/day). Definitely looking for quieter, more rural routes (preferably not too much tarmac/roads) and absolutely love being in the mountains! Isolation is good :)

Don't need any mod cons and can cope carrying my own food for a couple of days and walking longer stretches if necessary to reach accommodation. No need to end in S de C (although I love that city!).

Have I done the best caminos Spain can offer to fulfil my requirements? Or can the more knowledgeable among you suggest something suitable please? Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Si. Like Dick Bird I would suggest the Camino Aragones, starting with the Chemin D'Arles from Pau. A good guide is the German Rother Walking guide to the Camino Frances (in English). If you read French, Miam Miam Dodo. Bon Chemin et Buen Camino

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Would love some suggestions please. Having done the Primitivo, Lebaniego, Vadiniense y San Salvador caminos last year (and walked to Finisterre-Muxia), am looking to return to do some more walking along the caminos this autumn. Probably 12 days walking. Am very fit and able to walk long distances (circa 40-50kms/day). Definitely looking for quieter, more rural routes (preferably not too much tarmac/roads) and absolutely love being in the mountains! Isolation is good :)

Don't need any mod cons and can cope carrying my own food for a couple of days and walking longer stretches if necessary to reach accommodation. No need to end in S de C (although I love that city!).

Have I done the best caminos Spain can offer to fulfil my requirements? Or can the more knowledgeable among you suggest something suitable please? Thanks!
Camino de Madrid would fit the bill nicely. Maybe not so many 40k days but beautiful and not crowded.You’d only have to carry some food, as almost every stopover for the night had either a bar or grocery store.
If you want to walk longer distances you could add the sidetrips to La Granja and to Valladolid, or just stick to the normal route which can be done in 12 or 13 days.
Lots of info on the Camino de Madrid in the “Routes in Spain” section on this site!

Thank you all for your suggestions 🙏 You've definitely provided some food for thought, and I will do some research. But need to get my skates on as time is moving on! Buen camino!

Now I have to modify my recommendation to walk the Camino Aragones by starting in Pau, France. You can't. The road and the Camino from Oloron St. Marie has washed out. You could still take a bus from Jaca to Somport Pass or Route Urdos 1.jpegCanfranc Station and walk from there. Buen Camino

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm starting the camino on sept. 27 in Leon. I'm a bit apprehensive to start the journey alone. Are any other ladies going to be starting then also and want to walk that first leg? OR, are there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.