Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to get damaged hip belt repaired in San Sebastián?

Biplabby

Time of past OR future Camino
Current. September 2024
My hip belt to my osprey eja is broken and I’m about to enter San Sebastián, any ideas where I can get this fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Totally agree that a zapatería is one good place to go.

Another option would be to go to a non-chain (meaning, not Decathlon) outdoor store like this one.

Once when I arrived in Granada I decided I needed to buy a new fanny pack because the zipper on mine was broken. So I went to a small outdoor store, like the one in San Sebastián I linked to above, intending to buy a new one. When I explained what I needed, the guy asked why didn’t I just get mine repaired. Well, duh, because I’m from the US and we always just throw things away and buy new. He suggested I go to their “backpack repair” guy, who turned out to have a small furniture reupholstery store.

If you go to a local sporting goods place that sells high quality sporting goods, they will likely have contacts for their customers who want to reapair rather than throw out their expensive purchases.

I don’t know if this is a straightforward repair or whether some skill would be required, but if you can find someone who has repaired backpacks before, you’re likely to get a good result.

IMG_0658.jpeg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

After a peaceful night at the beautiful Blai Blai Hostel in Zarautz, we were all awakened at 5:00am by a young man repacking his huge pack, in the middle of the floor, with his bunk light on...
I’m fairly new to this forum and it has been VERY helpful preparing me and answering a multitude of questions prior to my 1st Camino. Currently, I have just completed Day 14 of the Norte which...
This is just a shot in the dark but if anyone starting on the Del Norte finds a New Zealand passport lost today (Saturday 14th September between Hendaye and Sebastian, please PM message me and...
I saw that someone mentioned recently having walked from Santander to Liencres on a coastal route. I am here in Santander and would like to take that route. I’m brand new to the Camino and to...
At CSJ Alberque San Martin de Miraz. If yours, contact hospitaleros on 0034-982-830700 with your name and date if visit (from pilgrim passport) and we will arrange return.
I am currently walking the Camino del Norte and seem to have dropped a small brown sunglass case with sunglass clip inside. Somewhere between Castro-Urdiales and Laredo, by way of Liendo. It is in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.