• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to get a Scallop Shell in Madrid?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
Time flies!
It's only a year to go till our Camino Madrid so gear is being checked, weighed, sorted.......... :rolleyes:

Sadly my Pilgrim Shell has broken in storage and needs to be replaced.
I know I can get one from Ivar, but Euro 30 for postage to Australia seems a bit wasteful.

Is there somewhere I can find one in Madrid?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Time flies!
It's only a year to go till our Camino Madrid so gear is being checked, weighed, sorted.......... :rolleyes:

I know I can get one from Ivar, but Euro 30 for postage to Australia seems a bit wasteful.

Could a local fishmonger not be of help?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You could try the church of Santiago y San Juan Batista, not far from Sol. The church issues credenciales for the C de Madrid. they’re in the room at the rear on the left.

You find one along the journey that will be more meaningful. My first shell broke, too. Since then I bought one (meaningless), had one gifted to me by the Anfas Albergue hospitalero in Estella ( the albergue that helps people with disabilities), and got a home-made tiny one in Arrés. The last two are really more special to me. I wasn't looking for a shell and they were unexpected gifts of the journey.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Time flies!

I read yesterday that you will be in the UK prior to your Camino. The Cofraternity of St.James UK, sell scallop shells on their online shop. There office is in London and it’s open to the public on Thursdays they also have pub get togethers. Maybe you could chat to them directly and something could be figured out whereby you could pick up the shell from their office or at the pub get together. Worth a try.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm an amateur birdnerd and I've just been looking at a list of endangered birds. The area between Tres Cantos and Segovia in particular seems to be a birding hotspot. Just wondering what people...
Time flies! It's only a year to go till our Camino Madrid so gear is being checked, weighed, sorted.......... :rolleyes: Sadly my Pilgrim Shell has broken in storage and needs to be replaced. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.