• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Washing on the Camino

Daisychain96

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Hi I’m just wondering if there are any apps to let you know the whereabouts of the washer/Dryers laundry room on the Camino Frances ? We are starting from Burgos where we left of last year ! By the time to locate the public laundry rooms there is always a huge queue! Am I just unlucky in finding them or has people inside knowledge as to where they are located!! Thank you all in advance 🙏

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hi I’m just wondering if there are any apps to let you know the whereabouts of the washer/Dryers laundry room on the Camino Frances ? We are starting from Burgos where we left of last year ! By the time to locate the public laundry rooms there is always a huge queue! Am I just unlucky in finding them or has people inside knowledge as to where they are located!! Thank you all in advance 🙏
I used Google Maps. Also check if your albergue has laundry facilities or if you are in private rooms/local hotels if they will do your laundry.

If you are using an App or Gronze.com to locate beds, there is usually always information about laundry availability. (Wise Pilgrim, Buen Camino apps)

I used Google Maps. Also check if your albergue has laundry facilities or if you are in private rooms/local hotels if they will do your laundry.

If you are using an App or Gronze.com to locate beds, there is usually always information about laundry availability. (Wise Pilgrim, Buen Camino apps)
Thank you so much , will do all of the above

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you plan to wash by hand on days that you will not have access to a washer/dryer, you will be in great shape. Within a week, you will be a handwashing expert (I am convinced I can get my clothes much cleaner by handwashing, but for the sake of domestic tranquility and continued laundry services, I'd never tell my beloved and much appreciated Mrs. Jarrad that). 😁

When searching for support services in e.g. Google Maps or OsmAnd or whatever, be sure to use a search string(s) that will capture the greatest number of useful hits.

Sometimes one must use multiple search strings.

For example, in the English version of a map of Spain, a laundromat might be listed as "laundromat" or "coin laundry" or "laundry service" or "launderette", so try searching for "laundr" or "laund" to capture all of those.

In the Castillian Spanish version of a map, a laundromat might be listed as "lavadero" or "cuarto de lavado" or "lavadora" or "lavadero" or "servicio de lavandería", so try searching for "lavad" or "lavand" or similar to achieve greatest capture of useful hits.

You might have to experiment a bit.

Also it helps to search maps from multiple providers, i.e. search Google Maps and also search OsmAnd and search Apple Maps and ... etc.

Users of OsmAnd should be aware that one can configure the map to show laundromats.
OsmAnd/Configure map/POI overlay/Laundry/

One can also configure the OsmAnd Quick Action menu to show the various support services that one will probably need as a foot pilgrim. I added Quick Action menu buttons for lodging places, restaurants, grocery stores, food, laundry, laundry service (laundry service seems to produce results different from laundry), museums, shoe repair, health care, postal service, and quite a few others. Using the Quick Action menu allows one to quickly make POIs of interest appear and then disappear them later to reduce on-screen clutter.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked many Caminos and I have mixed feelings about this topic. I usually try to book private lodgings in recent years when I walk on less traveled Caminos as I prefer to feel confident I...
I’m just two weeks away from my next Camino, and of course, I’m in full-on research mode—scrolling through every forum I can find (yes, that includes Reddit). One thing I’ve noticed? The number of...
Hi Everyone, Grateful for this community as my wife and I are planning our first Camino after 13 years of longing to go! We will be walking in mid-May to mid-June and I have a few questions...
Back on the Frances and hope to get to Santiago this time. This is my 3rd part of this Camino, 1st to Logrono 2022, 2nd to Leon 2023. After a bit of a hectic day getting to Leon from my home in...
As I have been recently diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease I feel like I want to walk another Camino. We did the Frances and very much loved it. My wife said find a path with infrastructure so...
This is from Greek Travel Pages but ruling should apply to Spain and give pilgrims a better deal when booking accommodation court ruling

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.