• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking

kiwiDavid

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012 - SJPP-Finisterre
Just Hi - will be walking SJPP - Santiago(maybe Finistere if the legs keep going)20th August til early October(meandering ?).Coming from Brisbane via Madrid/San Sebastian/Bayonne.Just want to step outside the square for a wee while.Hope to see your smile.kiwiDavid

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
kiwiDavid said:
Just Hi - will be walking SJPP - Santiago(maybe Finistere if the legs keep going)20th August til early October(meandering ?).Coming from Brisbane via Madrid/San Sebastian/Bayonne.Just want to step outside the square for a wee while.Hope to see your smile.kiwiDavid

Kiwi David,

Welcome to the Forum!

You will find much helpful information here as you plan your Camino. We past pilgrims who are Forum members are always eager to share our experiences and advice. Be sure to read the various topics such as Equipment to see what others suggest for gear. Whatever you choose it is generally advised that the total weight of your pack should be no more than 10% of your weight.
Unfortunately the most common Camino injury is the result of trying to walk too far too quickly carrying too much!.

Once you arrive In Saint-Jean Pied de Port the office for the Amies du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with a Credential or Pilgrim Passport and lodging assistance. Their volunteers help run the albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stay, but they do NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find lodgings when you are on site.

Happy planning and Buen Camino,

Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

Firstly, I know the topic thread title is from the book and now movie The Way, My Way by Bill Bennett. (And if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it). But I thought it was appropriate...
Just found this site while reading up about the via Podensis. Brand new 1st timer, hitting El Camino in September - meeting my French cousins there - not sure how much fitter/faster they are than...
I have to get a new passport in Sarria. Any suggestions on where to get.
My first post. I plan to walk the Camino de Santiago from St. Jean to Muxia late spring next year. I'm making notes, lists, reading lots of books from past pilgrims, started to gather essentials...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back