• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A perfect Camino

Bedspring

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024
Well finished my Camino in Santiago, Finisterre is for another day.
Walked from St Jean, and had one hour of light rain, but otherwise superb weather, and maybe because of previous wet weather, a riot of wild flowers along the way.
Deliberately did not make a family but made loads of friends, who I partied with last night, Tequila shots were involved.
Best bit, too many to chose, but the Meseta was a highlight for me.
Last night saw the botifuga swing, ain't that sweet.
For me there will only be one Camino, but I may walk other camino routes.
My advice, stop thinking about it, buy a ticket to the start and just keep it simple.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Well finished my Camino in Santiago, Finisterre is for another day.
Walked from St Jean, and had one hour of light rain, but otherwise superb weather, and maybe because of previous wet weather, a riot of wild flowers along the way.
Deliberately did not make a family but made loads of friends, who I partied with last night, Tequila shots were involved.
Best bit, too many to chose, but the Meseta was a highlight for me.
Last night saw the botifuga swing, ain't that sweet.
For me there will only be one Camino, but I may walk other camino routes.
My advice, stop thinking about it, buy a ticket to the start and just keep it simple.
I, also, just completed the Camino Frances.After 4 cancellations (2020-2023), I finally did it. But it's a bittersweet moment: happy to have finished, but wanting more. So, off to A Coruna and walk the Ingles. And then maybe Finisterre. The weather has been perfect, so far. And, I know that the Botofumeiro will swing tonight. I'm a "happy camper".

I’ve had some great Camino experiences but getting to see the Botofumeiro swing has not happened for me. The roof top tour of the cathedral was a cool experience. Finisterre And Muxia were beautiful but I was been defeated when it came to watching the sun dip behind the end of the water. The clouds have always obscured the ocean edges. At least in Hawaii, I was able to see the sun set into the ocean. Some of the host have made my Camino experience rememberable as well as a lot of the people I met.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Has anyone tried refusing disposable sheets in albergues? (Or thought about it?) Eucalyptus isn't native to Spain and growing eucalyptus requires a lot of water and wrecks the soil for indigenous...
Has anyone had experiences with private accommodations canceling reservations? I'm fresh off the Camino Ingles. I stayed at public albergues the whole trip, except for the last two nights in...
Hi all, probably a question with many different answers, but here goes. I've done several Caminos, but always ones that feature a cafe every now and then ( think Frances, Portuguese, Ingles etc)...
I hesitated to post this but maybe it will help someone else too. I have PTSD. I did the CF a couple of years ago. On occasion I felt like I was going to totally freak out in the albergues...
I know that many of you will find this an interesting read
In the UK if walking on a road with pavement, the general advice would be to walk on the right, facing oncoming traffic, so I assumed in Spain, on the left, but there does not seem to be a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.