• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking The Camino dos Faros in Galicia, the most rugged 7 day coastal Camino in Spain.

Kevin Considine

Time of past OR future Camino
If you like rugged coastal walking there is no better 7 day walk in Spain than the Galicia Camino de Faros (lighthouses). Tougher than any Camino I have ever done but spectacularly beautiful. And while not an official Camino you can make it one as the last 2 days are between Muxia and Finisterre. I live in Muxia and walk around here frequently and wrote this comprehensive guide to Walking The Camino Faros And How It Is Different From The Camino de Santiago.

Table of Contents:
  1. More Rugged and Challenging
  2. Shorter
  3. More Nature Less Pavement
  4. Much Quieter
  5. Less Infrastructure
  6. More Costly
  7. Does Not Feel Like A Camino de Santiago
  8. How To Make Camino de Faros A Camino de Santiago
  9. Summary
  10. Accommodations Listing With Links To Websites
  11. Web and Guidebook Information/Links
  12. Comparisons of Various Other Caminos in Spain and Other Global Pilgrimages To The Camino de Santiago

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
If you like rugged coastal walking there is no better 7 day walk in Spain than the Galicia Camino de Faros (lighthouses). Tougher than any Camino I have ever done but spectacularly beautiful.
A very good overview, thank you. Looks beautiful. After my first Camino Frances, I spent three days.in Camarinas exploring the area with a car.

Although I don't think this would be an official "live from the Camino" post because your article and walk were two years ago. Or are you doing it again right now?

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm just back from walking the Ruta del Padre Sarmiento, and wanted to give a summary of the stages and the general conditions for those who might be interested in walking it in the future...
If you like rugged coastal walking there is no better 7 day walk in Spain than the Galicia Camino de Faros (lighthouses). Tougher than any Camino I have ever done but spectacularly beautiful. And...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.