• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Camino Vasco Interior in March

CRP

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata
Does anyone have any advice as to whether or not it is reasonable to consider walking the Vasco Interior in early March?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Most of the Vasco Interior is walkable year round except the day from Zegama to Agurain Salvatierra when the route climbs up through the San Adrian tunnel. It depends on snowfall - when, how much etc whether the pass is walkable or even if you feel comfortable with some snow- but equally by March it could be clear. This can probably only be called closer to time - but there are public transport options if you find out at Zegama that the conditions are snowy.

I walked from Vitoria to Burgos in January a few years ago and all albergues were open. More relevant may be jcat's account in March

Thanks a lot for your response. It is helpful and appreciated. Most of our camino walking has been done in March, so we have walked snowy trails. It’s good to know that there are public transpo options in Zegama. Thanks again.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Does anyone have any advice as to whether or not it is reasonable to consider walking the Vasco Interior in early March?
I think it is very reasonable. I walked it last December and had a great time. Buen Camino!

Thank you for your response. I enjoyed reading what you posted last March. Your photos are lovely!

Pilgrims albergue of Beasain opens door in March so it's perfect. But be prepared for a mud festival.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back