• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Camino in memory of my wife

BIGWHEEL200

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France's (2015); Camino France's (2018); Camino portuguese in reverse from Santiago to Fatima
Victor Maldonado, I will be on the Camino Frances beginning May 2, 2018. Once in Santiago I plan on walking to Fatima. I am doing this in memory of my wife, Elsa who passed away from ovarian cancer on November 15, 2017. She completed the Camino with me in May through June 2015. She did this three months after her third round of chemo, and completed it in 33 days.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Victor, I wish you a wonderful trip. This is an amazing journey you are going to take, and just so you know, ... Else will be with you, every step of the way. She is your Camino Angel, and she will guide you, give you strength and direction when you need it, and whisper loving words to you along the way. She is sooo proud of you, and the example you are setting for others, who have lost someone very special. It will be a lovely journey, and I hope you experience some wonderful times. They say 'the longest journey starts with a single step', so .... walk on Victor ... and Buen Camino, or as we say in Ireland 'go neiri an bothar leat'!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Victor Maldonado, I will be on the Camino Frances beginning May 2, 2018. Once in Santiago I plan on walking to Fatima. I am doing this in memory of my wife, Elsa who passed away from ovarian cancer on November 15, 2017. She completed the Camino with me in May through June 2015. She did this three months after her third round of chemo, and completed it in 33 days.
Thank you, Victor, for your post. In your own way, your walk will still be with your wife. Ultreia.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

May she rest in peace

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I too will be walking the Comino beginning on 11th March. In memory of the husband I adored and lost last year. I lost myself when he died, the Comino is the only hope I have of finding myself again. I hope you will also find yourself. I so want to lay my burden of grief down. And live peacefully with our memories. I want no longer to fear waking in our empty bed. I hope your Camino is all that you hopebit to be: Susa

I too will be walking the Comino beginning on 11th March. In memory of the husband I adored and lost last year. I lost myself when he died, the Comino is the only hope I have of finding myself again. I hope you will also find yourself. I so want to lay my burden of grief down. And live peacefully with our memories. I want no longer to fear waking in our empty bed. I hope your Camino is all that you hopebit to be: Susa
So sorry for your loss @Susan Campbell. I wilsh you Buen Camino and I know he also walks beside you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A part of all true Pilgrim’s soul are one with the Camino for eternity. She walks with you. Burn Camino Peregrino.

So sorry for your loss, Susan. May the Camino bring you consolation, peace and healing. Love is eternal. Treasure your memories. All the best to you.

Victor and Susan, depending on where you start from, you may encounter me on your journey. I start May 2 from SJPP to Orisson the first night. Then I'll be traveling slower and taking more rest days since I have 40 days before Santiago.

As others have said, your loved ones will be with you on this journey. May the Camino give you time and grace for the memories of your partners' love for you.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Victor and Susan, depending on where you start from, you may encounter me on your journey. I start May 2 from SJPP to Orisson the first night. Then I'll be traveling slower and taking more rest days since I have 40 days before Santiago.

As others have said, your loved ones will be with you on this journey. May the Camino give you time and grace for the memories of your partners' love for you.

I begin on May 3 from St. Jean. Travel safe, Burn Camino

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Hugs Victor,

Prayers are with you on your pilgrimage.

I, too, am dedicating my Camino this year to my Parents My Father would have been 100 this year, my Mother would have been 95, and so wanted to come with me. She did, in 2016, when I carried her ashes and placed them in the sea at Fisterre.

God bless you both

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Victor and Susan you will find quite a few pilgrims on the Camino that can totally empathise with you. There is nothing better than sharing your story on the trail, it certainly helped me and I'm sure it helped those that I listen to.

I walked in 2016 carrying some of my husband’s ashes. Sadly it was one of the last trips he’d planned before his death, so I felt he deserved to ride along.
Though extremely difficult emotionally- the magic of the Camino gave me strength to face the future.
I too will be returning to the Camino again May 3, celebrating the joy of life that I thought I’d lost with the loss of my husband.
Perhaps we’ll pass on the trail, if not my heart goes with you and hope the healing powers of the Camino find you. Buen Camino. Penny

Most read last week in this forum

I'm starting the camino on sept. 27 in Leon. I'm a bit apprehensive to start the journey alone. Are any other ladies going to be starting then also and want to walk that first leg? OR, are there...
Hello all, Been reading all your very valuable posts and advice for a few weeks now in anticipation of starting tomorrow! Can only get a portion of Francés done on this trip (probably as far as...
Hi. I'm starting at SJPDP on Thursday 12 September. Quite nervous as the weather has been rainy and misty and my biggest concern is spotting the signs.
Hi Pilgrims! I am planning on starting the Camino Frances between Oct 10-13 and I was hoping to get input about a couple specifics: What's the weather trend for this year? Am I a fool to not...
Hi everyone - so glad to find this forum. have 4 weeks approx and intend on taking the walk handy enough!! to Santiago, onwards to Finisterre and Muxia. looking forward to it, and meeting some...
September 19, @FallCamino2024, (SJPdP) âś…

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.