Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Viskarret-Guerendiain

C & W

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPDP to Santiago (2015)
Lourdes to Jaca (2016)
Pamplona to Santiago (2018)
My wife and I have walked the Camino Frances twice previously, but we are now older. Although we wish to walk again, we must take much shorter stages. We are thinking of a stop in Viskarret, halfway between Roncesvalles and Zubiri. We see several places to stay, but it is unclear that there is any place to eat the evening meal in Viskarret. Can anyone provide up to date information?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is a bar there - Bar Juan. No idea of hours. These are pics from Yelp. I took a taxi from there down to Zubiri because I didn’t want to do that hideous descent. Once was enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2648.png
    IMG_2648.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
Look on Gronze.com. You will see symbols for the services that each town offers.

For Bizkarreta you can see a beer mug indicating that there is a bar, and a dinner plate, indicating a restaurant.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 192528.png

Furthermore, when you click on the the each property you can see if they offer meals. Three of the four have a price for dinner listed.

Also, when you are on Gronze you can open the map (abrir mapa) and search the area for restaurants.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 193438.png

You can see that there's a restaurant called El Dragón Peregrino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've stayed there a couple of times but not since 2018.
La Posada Neuva provided an evening meal.
If you get there early, at the end of the village is a small store. Check opening hours.

My wife and I have walked the Camino Frances twice previously, but we are now older. Although we wish to walk again, we must take much shorter stages. We are thinking of a stop in Viskarret, halfway between Roncesvalles and Zubiri. We see several places to stay, but it is unclear that there is any place to eat the evening meal in Viskarret. Can anyone provide up to date information?
There is a fabulous place to eat (full meal or snacks) on the Camino as you enter the village. Bar Dena Ona.

Another option is to go one village further than Biskarret, to Linzoain, where there is a small Casa Rural and a restaurant. (I think the name is Casa Posada). The Casa Rural serves dinner as an option. But it's small, a reservation would be mandatory! I enjoyed my stay there, the family that runs it was very welcoming. They spoke minimal English, but Spanish, French, and Basque were all options!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
Hey All, I arrive hopefully tomorrow to SJPDP. I have no accommodation booked for the first few days. Are places available ? What are the best app to book or is it possible to arrive and ask at...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Hello everyone, I have booked my flights and train and will be arriving in Bayonne at 5:21pm on Mon October 21st. I have a few questions about the logistics of the first few days of the route...
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...
I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back