• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Visiting Sax from the Villajoyosa variant

setmeravelles

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Català-Ebro-Castellano Aragonés Fall 2024
Hi fellow peregrinos y peregrinas,

I've decided on a Ruta de la Lana/Camino de Levante combo for my 2024 Camino in September, starting in Villajoyosa and switching over to the Levante after Almansa and Alpera. I did the Levante from Valencia to Xàtiva when I lived in Valencia, and after reading all the planning posts here for both, the Villajoyosa variant sounds right up my alley.

However, I've been wanting to visit Sax for a while. I was on a bus that went through the pueblo and it looked like a place I wanted to explore on foot. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any routes from Onil or Ibi that take a tour down to Sax. I've seen a few circular ones on Wikiloc that might be more apt for cycling.

I've found a train that goes to Villena from Sax and vice versa, so if there isn't a decent track, I was wondering which town would be nicest to stay in, either taking a train upon arrival to Sax and spending the night there and walking to Caudete from , or dropping off my bag in Villena and taking the train down to Sax and back after arriving. Or maybe Sax wasn't as cool as my memory of the bus that went through it in the first place?

I know I might not have time for both castles, even if I stay the night in Sax, but I suppose if the weather has cooled down I might be able to see Villena walking from Sax the next morning and arrive in Caudete a bit later. That said I know it may be hot and the castle may not be open if I pass through Villena earlier.

At any rate, thought I'd ask the best way to visit Sax if I'm starting in Villajoyosa.

Also thanks to the 2020 and 2021 members for all your informative virtual posts.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back