• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Dear all, Tuesday morning (Santigo time) we will be upgrading the forum to a new version. This means that we will be offline for an hour or so. This will be so for the app and for the website. Thank you for your patience. Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vicarie Pro - more than one person?

jpico

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Hi, I'm arriving in Santiago soon and was walking the Camino in memory of my parents who recently passed. Does anyone know if the office will allow more than one person to be added as "vicarie pro?"

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I can’t help you with the specific question, but can confirm that the ‘vicarie pro …’ annotation is simply added by hand, not printed.

In practical terms you are dedicating your Compostela to another so you might find a simple solution, especially if you know someone with excellent handwriting.

If the Pilgrim's Office doesn't, roll by the Church of St Francis ( walk to the end of the street, turn right, walk up to the next Church on the left). They offer a certificate that you may inscribe yourself if you show them your completed credencial. Consider a donation.20240101_194521.jpg

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, I'm arriving in Santiago soon and was walking the Camino in memory of my parents who recently passed. Does anyone know if the office will allow more than one person to be added as "vicarie pro?"
I found it quite difficult to arrange and had trouble hunting someone who knew how to deal with it, as the online registration is how they manage things these days. You still need to do the online registration, it doesn't give you an option for Vicarie Pro, and yes unfortunately it does just get added by hand.
Just be prepared to take a little longer.
Or you can do as recommended and get someone to add it in using calligraphy to match the printed name..

I wrote it down for my volunteer at the Pilgrim's Office on a scrap piece of paper; he dutifully inscribed it below my name. It helps to have decent printing skills.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

We are all so happy to pay our respects to Saint James when arriving in Santiago de Compostela. The well-informed pilgrim should know that his mother, Maria Salomé also has a church in SdC. The...
Following advice on this excellent forum, I registered on the Pilgrim's Office website, and I received an email with a QR code. I would like to check the details, how do I do that? Thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back