• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via jacobi & Via Gebennensis

jaritoyli

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Francigena del Sud
Hi all
I have teo questions
1) What would be the best books (in English) first for Via Jacobi and then for Via Gebennensis?
2) Are there any apps (like via Fransigena, Sloways) for those two paths?
Best,
Jaritoyli

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Are there any apps (like via Fransigena, Sloways) for those two paths?
You may have a look at the gronze app with good map to hike with. Or gronze map sample Via Jacobi. It has a small map without much details. But the signage is good in Switzerland just follow the #4.

Hi Paul-CH
Thank you for the information. I'll check the Gronze app. Good to know about the signing, too.
Best,
jaritoyli

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi all
I have teo questions
1) What would be the best books (in English) first for Via Jacobi and then for Via Gebennensis?
Best,
Jaritoyli
I think I saw an english guidebook for via jacobi somewhere but it was a few years old. There are more up to date german and french guides.
For english description of via jacobi and excellent up to date maps see https://schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland/route-4.

For english description of via gebenennsis see my itinerary in the resources. In it is also a link to an english description of the route. ARA guidebook for 2024 is the best, it's in french and german, but the important info about services and accommodation is picture -coded.

Hi all
I have teo questions
Best,
Jaritoyli
Also checks the threads under both routes. Lots of useful info there.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I will be starting at Le Puy (Vía Podiensis/GR-65) route in mid-August, however I had been considering the via Gebennensis, an extension of the GR-65).

The following guide book was recommended to me by someone who walked it a couple of years ago. She believes it is the only one available in English and she found it very useful. (She herself has walked 13 routes).

Book Title » The Camino de Santiago in France. IVA. From Geneva to Puy-en-Velay on Via Gebennensis
Author » Didier Heumann
Paperback ‏» ‎ 156 pages
ISBN-13 ‏» ‎ 979-8427945172

I think I saw an english guidebook for via jacobi somewhere but it was a few years old. There are more up to date german and french guides.
For english description of via jacobi and excellent up to date maps see https://schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland/route-4.

For english description of via gebenennsis see my itinerary in the resources. In it is also a link to an english description of the route. ARA guidebook for 2024 is the best, it's in french and german, but the important info about services and accommodation is picture -coded.
Hi caminka
Thank you for your message. That was an excellent link. Thank you. There was much to read, I will go through it carefully. I will also check your itinerary and the ARA -books if there is something for me.
Have a good day,
jaritoyli

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I will be starting at Le Puy (Vía Podiensis/GR-65) route in mid-August, however I had been considering the via Gebennensis, an extension of the GR-65).

The following guide book was recommended to me by someone who walked it a couple of years ago. She believes it is the only one available in English and she found it very useful. (She herself has walked 13 routes).

Book Title » The Camino de Santiago in France. IVA. From Geneva to Puy-en-Velay on Via Gebennensis
Author » Didier Heumann
Paperback ‏» ‎ 156 pages
ISBN-13 ‏» ‎ 979-8427945172
Hi YMMV
First, thank you for your message and accurate book information. It seems that the book is not available anywhere, at least not from Amazon's European offices. I could not find it elsewhere either. I will keep an eye on the situation online.
Anyway, have a good day and buen camino,
jaritoyli

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all I have teo questions 1) What would be the best books (in English) first for Via Jacobi and then for Via Gebennensis? 2) Are there any apps (like via Fransigena, Sloways) for those two...
Not sure whether I am posting this in the correct place. Editor/moderators: please feel free to relocate this post where appropriate. I downloaded Lorena's book onto my Kindle recently...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back