• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via de la Plata 2024 Spring adventure

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for this information. Enjoyed reviewing your Pack list. I usually struggle to pack less than 7kg. Yet I still include a couple items that I never use! E.g. a shirt and trousers.
My main approach to slimming down the list is figuring out for many things how to multi purpose them. I went a bit to the extreme on the Via de la Plata and had to use socks as gloves on one morning that was below freezing. That is why I ended up adding a pair of thin gloves to this list (I assume if they were not warm enough, I will still wear socks above the gloves).

Something as simple as using the buff as a blinder to sleep in albergues also helps me to keep the ear plus from falling out of my ears.

The main weight win still comes from just having one set of warm clothes that is for airport, evenings after Camino and even sleeping on a colder night. Then again I had so many old heavy woolen blankets in albegues. I don't think I was cold even once when sleeping with this gear in March/April.

I finished Via de la Plata from Seville to Santiago through Astorga this Spring. Autumn is coming ahead and the rainy days ahead will be most likely similar to what I experienced:
https://caminopilgrim.travel.blog/camino-de-santiago/vdlp-via-de-la-plata-2024/
I finished Via de la Plata from Seville to Santiago through Astorga this Spring. Autumn is coming ahead and the rainy days ahead will be most likely similar to what I experienced:
https://caminopilgrim.travel.blog/camino-de-santiago/vdlp-via-de-la-plata-2024/
Oh my, I am going to be combing through this thread and your blog. I am planning to walk in November (first time, eek!) and still haven't decided between Frances, Portugal, and Via de Plata.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

As often, I am not quite sure if this is the right place. Mods please feel free to move. There is an interesting programme on BBC Radio 4, about a French amputee, Hervé, walking the Camino. It...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back