• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Dear all, Tuesday morning (Santigo time) we will be upgrading the forum to a new version. This means that we will be offline for an hour or so. This will be so for the app and for the website. Thank you for your patience. Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

VDLP - Too late in the year ?

Ross1066

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2019 Camino Francés
Hello All,

I am thinking to walk the VDLP in the next couple of weeks but am wondering if I have left it a little too late for this year. I am less concerned about daylight hours (clocks go back in a couple of weeks time) ... and not so worried about the weather, but was wondering when the albergues start to close up for the year.

If I left Seville on October 16th I would expect to arrive in SDC on about 22nd November.

Thoughts welcomed please.
Ross

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are quite a few people who wait until October to walk the VdlP because it is finally starting to cool down in Southern Spain. I believe that @lt56ny walked it during that time period.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have walked the Via de la Plata in October and also in January/February. For the second one I did encounter some snow on several days. Mostly the weather was pleasantly cool. While summer on the VdlP is often dangerously hot I don't find winter too challenging.

I've started twice from Seville on 31 October, and once around the 15th and all were fine. (Well, some were wet and cold by the time I got to Galicia, but I never had a problem finding a bed).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I'm planning on walking for a couple of weeks from Seville. All the stages look manageable expect Stage 3 from Castiblanco de los Arroyos to Almaden de la Plata - it's too long for me to...
Hey everyone. My plan is to walk the VdlP from Seville to Santiago via the Sanabres commencing 10 April (plus or minus a day or two). This will be my 4th camino and I'm really looking forward to...
Hello All, I am thinking to walk the VDLP in the next couple of weeks but am wondering if I have left it a little too late for this year. I am less concerned about daylight hours (clocks go back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back