Search 69,459 Camino Questions

using correos Citipaq service

Joblakely

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019)
I'm having trouble arranging luggage transfers on the Norte as my locations (booked through booking.com) are not on the pickup menus for luggage transfer services. Has anyone used the Correos Citipaq lockers to send bags ahead. It sounds like you can go to these convenient locker locations & send a bag/ box ahead & pick it up in another city 24/7 at a designated locker location- a lot like Amazon lockers or those outside a Home Depot. I only need my bag every 5 or so days but sending to a postoffice is an issue since I will mostly be in the larger towns on weekends. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. https://www.correos.es/es/en/individuals/receive/our-drop-off-and-collection-points/citypaq

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm having trouble arranging luggage transfers on the Norte as my locations (booked through booking.com) are not on the pickup menus for luggage transfer services. Has anyone used the Correos Citipaq lockers to send bags ahead. It sounds like you can go to these convenient locker locations & send a bag/ box ahead & pick it up in another city 24/7 at a designated locker location- a lot like Amazon lockers or those outside a Home Depot. I only need my bag every 5 or so days but sending to a postoffice is an issue since I will mostly be in the larger towns on weekends. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. https://www.correos.es/es/en/individuals/receive/our-drop-off-and-collection-points/citypaq
So no one has a more flexible bag transfer option or tried Citipaq?

I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like it might be a good option for you, as you don't need your bag every day.

I think that one issue is that these lockers might not be available in the smaller towns.

It has also been reported by members that they have been able to work with Correos Paq Mochila to pick up and deliver to places not already on their list.

I'm interested to know why you only need your backpack every five days or so if you don't mind sharing.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It will
I hadn't heard of it before, but it sounds like it might be a good option for you, as you don't need your bag every day.

I think that one issue is that these lockers might not be available in the smaller towns.

It has also been reported by members that they have been able to work with Correos Paq Mochila to pick up and deliver to places not already on their list.

I'm interested to know why you only need your backpack every five days or so if you don't mind sharing.
be hot when we start & cold when wrapping up so I hope to keep colder gear, sleep sack in there. Also, another pair of shoes as I fight w foot issues. Would also be nice to carry a week’s worth of rx & other items. Have a back issue that can get cranky w too much weight. My friend & I would share one small duffel. I will reach out to Correos today for details. I’m hoping to only pick up the bag in larger cities like Bilbao, Santander, etc & since I wouldn’t have to get the bag out of a locker on a specific day, this might allow flexibility. Will let you know what I learn from Correos.

Would also be nice to carry a week’s worth of rx & other items.
It seems like mailing prescription medications might not be possible:
Spain does not permit the mailing of prescription medications. While it's quite possible nobody will check, you might run into problems.

We had to list what was in our "box" when we forwarded it via Correos.
And personally, I would want to keep all necessary prescriptions with me at all times.

Most read last week in this forum

As I have read a negative comment about this albergue on this forum I'd like to report that when I stayed there on 16th June it was lovely. Good rooms and bathrooms, great dinner and breakfast...
I am planning on doing this stage in August 2024. I would like to understand the difficulty rating for this stage, as a friend is maybe joining me. What makes this difficult other than the...
Good morning from sunny Ireland, I'm starting camino norte on July 25th. Start walking on 26th irun to san sebastian but unfortunately I can't find accommodation in San sebastian. 26th july Is a...
I am currently 78 yrs old living in Western Canada ..Did the regular route from pied de port 6 or 7 yrs ago.. Hoping to do the northern route this fall. Any opinions on late season hiking ? Not...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.