• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Santiago to Madrid

frank john

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2016
October-November 2024
Hi everyone. I’m flying back to Chicago from Madrid after walking the CF in late November. I’ll be taking a cab to a hotel near CDG airport to fly out next day. It appears to be a long distance from Charmartin station to CDG. Any better options.
Thanks for any help.
Frank

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’ll be taking a cab to a hotel near CDG airport to fly out next day. It appears to be a long distance from Charmartin station to CDG. Any better options
I think that you mean that you will be staying close to Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport. It would be a horrendously long and expensive taxi ride from Chamartín to Paris.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I think the OP would like to know how to get from Chamartín train station to his Madrid airport hotel by means other than a taxi.
It would be easier to help knowing the name or location of the hotel.
We might start out by being certain of the countries.

If indeed it is ‘the environs of Chamartin’ to Madrid’s Adolfo Suarez airport, then the Cercanias train from Chamartin direct to the airport would be quickest and most cost effective.

By taxi, it’s not an extreme distance nor - in extremis - unaffordable. Best not at rush hour though.

Hi everyone. I’m flying back to Chicago from Madrid after walking the CF in late November. I’ll be taking a cab to a hotel near CDG airport to fly out next day. It appears to be a long distance from Charmartin station to CDG. Any better options.
Thanks for any help.
Frank
uber works here, easiest an cheapest option.
'airport hotels' near barajas (our airport in madrid) are not well connected to public transport.
CDG is in Paris, we're assuming you mean Adolfo Suárez Barajas Airport, our only airport in Madrid.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I believe the Cercanis train station at T4, MAD is currently under construction. Or so I read on these boards...
I’m not sure we got to the bottom of that. The pre-publicity and on the ground experience didn’t add-up. If the OP chooses Cercanias then asking at the station whilst there is still time to take an uber or taxi would be wise.

Last edited:
Thanks for any help.
Frank
Frank,

The second week of October I will be coming in to Charmartin station and then heading g to a hotel near the Madrid airport as well. I can give you an update when I return if that is soon enough for you.

My hotel thought I would be fine. You might want to check with your hotel as well to see what they recommend as the “best” way to get from Charmartin to the airport based on any parameters you have (cost, time, etc).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
Unfortunately I’ve become too ill to continue—I have a flight from Madrid on Sept 19. Can anyone suggest a safe and quiet hotel in Madrid for tonight and tomorrow? I’m so sad I can’t Go on. I’ll...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hi everyone. I’m flying back to Chicago from Madrid after walking the CF in late November. I’ll be taking a cab to a hotel near CDG airport to fly out next day. It appears to be a long distance...
Hey everyone, this is just a heads-up that I'll be heading to Camino in the first week of October. My flight from the US to Madrid will arrive at 7:20 p.m. The last trip to Sarria is at 8:23 p.m...
Hello, I am new here. My husband and I plan to walk the Camino in Spring of 2025. In preparation of this I have been researching and reading. I came across a map which was interactive. It showed...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back