• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport Sarria to Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances/Portugues/LePuy/Norte/Primitivo/SanSalv.
Hello everyone. This is my 8th Camino and I have limited time. I need to get from Sarria to Santiago, but it looks like the options are: ONE Monbus (last time, their window wasn't open an hour before the bus left and I took the train instead) and a few possible Renfes that seem to require ROAD transport between Lugo and Ourense due to track work. Does anyone know if the road transport to Ourense shows up at the Renfe station in Sarria of if they show up at the bus station? Thanks! Beth

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Only one direct bus, but you can usually transfer at Lugo to get to Santiago if the direct bus does not work. You have to look up bothe Sartia to Lugo and then Lugo to Santiago on MO bus for the connections.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You can also buy online with Monbus.
Thank you - I tried to get signed up to purchase online, but their "Club" where it seems one sets email address and password (to also use with their app, which requires that one already has a username and password) - but it seems to require giving a phone number and my U.S. number doesn't work. I'll probably re-work the trip, but I appreciate the help:0)).

Ok, I am able to buy online with a US phone number. Are you using the English menu? If not that might help clarify. Select the British flag in the language drop down menu.

You may need to add +1 to the phone number instead of just 1.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Try it, it work very well.

Only one direct bus, but you can usually transfer at Lugo to get to Santiago if the direct bus does not work. You have to look up bothe Sartia to Lugo and then Lugo to Santiago on MO bus for the connections.
Hi J Willhaus. You mention in this post "Only one direct bus" (I assume from Santiago to Sarria - which I need). What is that bus? And where do I find more about it? Thank you, Craig

Hi J Willhaus. You mention in this post "Only one direct bus" (I assume from Santiago to Sarria - which I need). What is that bus? And where do I find more about it? Thank you, Craig
Hi Craig,
Check the Monbus website. They have an English drop down menu. Tickets won't be showing for sale until a couple of weeks before you travel. Here is the schedule attached.

Attachments

• Schedules Santiago de Compostela - Sarria (1).pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I'm currently on the Ingles, in Neda, & thought I would post with the state of play. 1stly , if your flying into A Coruna, & starting at Ferrol, it's an easy transfer. I got a bus from the...
So I was able to book our train from Santiago back to Madria this morning through Renfe! (Yay!) My question is once I finished and printed out the tickets I noticed that on one of the tickets it...
I’m trying to find the easiest way to get to Bayonne via train from Charles de Gaul airport. I arrive in Paris at 7:30 AM. October 21. Need to be at SJDP by evening. Would you recommend I get...
Hi, for several years I have posted about buying two tickets on renfe and then canceling the one ticket I did not need in time to get a refund (used to be an hour before departure). This was all...
My husband and I will begin our first Camino in three weeks. To accommodate the time we have available, we would like to start in Rates. We are thinking we could take the train from Porto to Povoa...
Hello! After finishing the camino by bicycle and riding to Finisterre, is it possible to return by bus (with my bike)? Thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back