• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train/Bus stations on the first 6 days on Le Puy Route

anniecamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2010) / Le Puy (2013)
My two sons and I are planning an 8 day trip to France at the beginning of July 2013. We plan to take the train(s) to Le Puy from Paris and walk approximately 5 days. We will start in Le Puy and able to walk about 20kms/day. I am wondering which villages/towns have transportation (trains or buses) for our return back to Paris? Thanks! Annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think Aumont-Aubrac is the first and only train after Le Puy. It is 88.4 km from Le Puy, some of it fairly strenuous terrain.

Yes Aumont Aubrac is your only option, and Day 2 will be the toughest. A good 5 day hike. After that you're rather off the grid.

Have you checked the terrain at http://www.godesalco.com/plan/podense ?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Last year I got to Aumont-Aubrac via nights in Montbonnet, Monistrol d'Allier, La Clauze, a farm after Le Rouget, then Aumont-Aubrac.

A Frenchwoman walking with her school-aged son who had limited time, walked as far as La Clauze. Then they got up very early to walk to Le Sauvage, from where they were getting a taxi to get to Aumont-Aubrac for the Paris train. I presume they made it, but they would have had to walk very fast to make their taxi- I think they had four hours for the walk that morning.

As others have said, the terrain is quite difficult in some of this area, with some steep ascents and descents.
Margaret

A small detail: At Aumont Aubrac you will board a bus (operated by the train company) that will take you to a city where you will board your train.

Thank you all so much for the replies. Also great info about the terrain.
Annie

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

For the past couple of years, the mods have volunteered to create calendars that show forum members’ names, date of departure, and departure city. The hope is that it gives people a chance to...
My brother Bruno was traveling the Santiago paths and the last time we had contact with him was when he arrived in Santiago de Compostela. We haven't heard from him since August 17th. If you...
Hello fellow pilgrims, I am planning on opening an Albergue on the Portuguese route. I have walked both the Frances and the Portuguese route. I speak pretty decent Portuguese and am looking for...
Hello, I am going to be walking my first Camino this spring and will spend two weeeks in Spain. I will take a relaxed walk from Sarria to Santiago. I will be almost 79 years old and walk five...
Hello everyone, I’m Giacomo from Italy, and I’m excited to join this community!I’ve been running almost every day for years now, though typically for shorter distances. Recently, I’ve been...
I am in Larrasoaña.. is there a service to get my pack to pamplona in the morning?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back