This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trail Angels?

MyCami

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago: Mid-September - October '24
Bon jour! Hola! Hello!
Having recently passed through the CdS French route from Orisson to Ronconsavalles, I was deeply disappointed to see a huge mass of trash on this sacred way. I am wondering if future Pilgrims would be willing to bring a bag and some plastic gloves to pitch in to dismantle the eyesore. It is unfathomable to me that this has grown and has gone unaddressed and ignored!
Would you be one of many of whom I hope will assist in cleaning up what should have never been started in the first place?
Let’s not make a bad reputation to the communities that we all pass through along The Way…
Thank you in advance for being a helpful Pilgrim!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
We walked thru there on Sept 5 and everyone was saddened to see all this trash piled & left, but we had no way to clean it up or hall it off. Thank you for organizing this effort.

Sorry I am not in a position here I can help you, but I am not surprised at this at all. Human nature, on a never-ending number of occasions, loves to disappoint and let people down--Always has and always will or at least for a few more millennium。 However, this is counter-balanced, not perfectly, by those who take good and appropriate actions to make up for others. Chuck

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have not walked the CF yet, but have read occasionally on this forum about people who systematically carry a rubbish bag which they empty when they come through a village/town. Then there are also the “ditch pigs”(?) organised by Rebekkah Scott who, I think, clean up regularly. But not, I suppose, the whole length of the CF.

Most read last week in this forum