This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Thoughts on leaving Lisbon

Compass Chris

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (18)
Observations on the first day from Lisbon.
1) have €2pp in change if you want a credential from the cathedral, otherwise you'll wait longer until tills are manned.
2) You walk past a supermarket about 20mins after the cathedral
3) We turned off the path at Praca David Leandro da Silva and headed down to the river where the promenade takes you to the Parque Das Nacoes, which I highly recommend...
4) ... Containing a 20 min cable car ride and many cafes/restaurants (we went to Honest Greens (healthy-ish food at reasonable prices with a very relaxing outdoor seating area)
5) We left the path again at the bridge with the 138km marker to Fatima and headed through the housing district (to avoid N10, this bit a drag) to get to the Santa Iria Hotel (very comfortable, pool and buffet dinner, Lidl next-door)
Apart from the last hour, we really enjoyed the walk out if the city. Only met one group of three pilgrims.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am doing this walk in September, and your plan to leave the walk at the 138km sign sounds a good plan, have you any more details of this route please, as I have booked a room at the Vip executive hotel,thanks.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I am doing this walk in September, and your plan to leave the walk at the 138km sign sounds a good plan, have you any more details of this route please, as I have booked a room at the Vip executive hotel,thanks.
Hi Mike. I pretty much followed Google Maps. The walk is through a housing area, pavements until you turn right to go down the hill to the N10 - there's a pavement from there to the hotel. We followed the N10 to rejoin the route next day, there is a short narrow section, wear something bright!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_211752_Maps.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the great info! Will be three weeks behind you and will also stay at the VIP Executive Santa Iria. Planning to stick to the boardwalk, and have confidence an exit point (near Santa Iria) will provide a path from the river to the hotel. My wife and I would prefer the boardwalk, but good to note your path as an alternate option. Cheers.

Most read last week in this forum