• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Way, My Way

JinOhChoi

Time of past OR future Camino
Firstly, I know the topic thread title is from the book and now movie The Way, My Way by Bill Bennett. (And if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it). But I thought it was appropriate for to use it for my first post. The first on my Camino journey.

We all faced challenges when the COVID pandemic hit. My circumstances aren't any special or unique then any others here. It's just my story. I struggle, with loneliness, anxiety and even bouts of depression. I even went down the path of trying to take my own life.

When I watched The Way, My Way I was brought to tears. I saw myself in all the pilgrims (and characters) and was so engrossed in their stories. I'm now going down the rabbit hole that is Camino de Santiago and looking to do the pilgrimage in 2027 (maybe sooner - although I do have a few things coming up like getting marred this November).

At this stage, I don't know the answers this journey may bring or for that matter the reason I'm wanting to do this.

My name is Jin-oh (45 years old) from Australia.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Jin-oh, welcome to the group from a fellow Aussie. Welcome also to the rabbit hole! The cinematography of the movie was pretty spectacular. Happy planning - our next trip is in 2028! All the best with your wedding - not far away now :)

Firstly, I know the topic thread title is from the book and now movie The Way, My Way by Bill Bennett. (And if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it). But I thought it was appropriate for to use it for my first post. The first on my Camino journey.

We all faced challenges when the COVID pandemic hit. My circumstances aren't any special or unique then any others here. It's just my story. I struggle, with loneliness, anxiety and even bouts of depression. I even went down the path of trying to take my own life.

When I watched The Way, My Way I was brought to tears. I saw myself in all the pilgrims (and characters) and was so engrossed in their stories. I'm now going down the rabbit hole that is Camino de Santiago and looking to do the pilgrimage in 2027 (maybe sooner - although I do have a few things coming up like getting marred this November).

At this stage, I don't know the answers this journey may bring or for that matter the reason I'm wanting to do this.

Firstly congratulations on getting married. Well it great how you are looking at life so positively.Yes life can be very hard,but you will find your journey on the Camino opening up your positive vision on life. Keep in touch.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What a beautiful thoughtful post @JinOhChoi, and I greatly admire your openess. Congratulations on your pending wedding, and I hope you one day get to walk your Camino. It is no surprise that the movie (which I can't wait to see!) has been described as being one of the closest representations of what the Camino is like. The Camino is magic.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome to this forum and to the larger camino community! i love the planning stage - reading guidebooks, looking at maps and weather reports, counting kilometers - you have lots of time to plan. Enjoy!

PS also looking forward to seeing the film when it comes to the USA.

Hi Jon-oh Im an Australian too, we just went to see The Way My Way last week and decided to do our 2nd Camino, the last one was 7 yrs ago and our next one is 2024, i just found this forum tonight.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Firstly, I know the topic thread title is from the book and now movie The Way, My Way by Bill Bennett. (And if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it). But I thought it was appropriate...
Just found this site while reading up about the via Podensis. Brand new 1st timer, hitting El Camino in September - meeting my French cousins there - not sure how much fitter/faster they are than...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back