• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

So quiet!

Lavdrum

Time of past OR future Camino
Plata-2015/Portugues 2016/Norte(Irún>Avilés) July 2017/Francés Oct.2017/Salvador-Primitivo July 2018
I have been on the Levante for the past 10 days. I have met only 2 other pilgrims so far so I’ve had company every night so far in the albergues.
I have stayed in pilgrim albergues most of the time
None have managers, usually one picks up the key at the tourist office or if one arrives late the Policia local provide the key.
Some albergues are basic but mostly fine.
Some knowledge of Spanish is essential as I have met few english speakers along the way. The locaal people are very friendly and always ready to help if one is finding it difficult to contact an albergue.
It is a very solitary camino but if you want to get away from the crowds this one is definitely an option.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been on the Levante for the past 10 days. I have met only 2 other pilgrims so far so I’ve had company every night so far in the albergues. I have stayed in pilgrim albergues most of the...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back