This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

skipping O Porriño?

Scottteresa30

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband and I will be walking from Sarria late sept 2016 for our 30th anniversary
We will be starting in Valence in Sept, 2024.
If we bus through Oporrino to miss the industrial area, are we still able to get the Compostela?
And where does the Industrial area start?
Thank you for any help!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think that you are talking about walking the Camino Portugués from Valença and skipping O Porriño.

If you skip any part within the final 100 km to Santiago you are ineligible for a Compostela. But there is an alternate route into O Porriño that skips the industrial section.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The industry is hardly big industry plus the alternative route is very well marked.

Last edited:
Even with the "industrial area" route, there is a lovely wooded and stream-side entrance to O Porrino and O Porrino is a good town to have a look around and relax. We met a group of "Smile" nurses/medical people on Camino there (volunteers who do cleft lip/palate repair in third world countries). The industrial area wasn't inspiring, but wasn't a huge detraction either. The best parts of the Portugues, to me, were the towns like Pontevedra and especially Tui.

Echoing what everyone else has said: there's a lovely "Camino Complementario" to get in to O Porriño. We walked it a few days ago! (I was also apprehensive about this stretch but it wasn't at all like I'd feared.)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum