• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ride share Shared taxi - Aug 20, 2024 - Pamplona to SJPdP

For those interested in sharing a ride to get to your starting point or any other location along the Camino.

Sherbetkennal

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Aug-Oct 2016)
Hello! I'm Sherry and I have booked a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP on Tuesday August 20th at 8:00 a.m. I want to get into St. Jean in the morning, so the bus is too late for me.

I am hoping to find other pilgrims to join and share the cost. Thank you!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hello! I'm Sherry and I have booked a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP on Tuesday August 20th at 8:00 a.m. I want to get into St. Jean in the morning, so the bus is too late for me.

I am hoping to find other pilgrims to join and share the cost. Thank you!

There is no need to book unless you’re happier with the confirmation, the front of Pamplona train station looks like a taxi convention.

You stand more chance of finding fellow travellers in the taxi-queue there than on here. Look for rucksacks and clean shoes. They may only be going to Roncesvalles (the usual Spanish start point) not necessarily St Jean (the entirely arbitrary start point).

You’re taking a taxi from my preferred start point.

Thanks for the advice. I will already be in Pamplona, so taxi queues at the train station aren't applicable. And I had mulled my starting point for some time (this will be my second Camino), but decided on SJPdP as my start...I think I have a soft spot for Orisson :)

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
There is no need to book unless you’re happier with the confirmation, the front of Pamplona train station looks like a taxi convention.

You stand more chance of finding fellow travellers in the taxi-queue there than on here. Look for rucksacks and clean shoes. They may only be going to Roncesvalles (the usual Spanish start point) not necessarily St Jean (the entirely arbitrary start point).

You’re taking a taxi from my preferred start point.
Well Henry, funny enough that my post is moot and my starting point will be Pamplona! I arrived in Spain, but all of my luggage is still in Canada. Not having a great time the past 36 hours. But I'll have plenty of time to get to know Pamplona while waiting for my bags.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

We will have 2 full days (3 nights) after we finish the Camino, spend a couple days in Santiago, and take a day trip to Finisterre before we need to be back in Barcelona. Any recommendations for...
Can anyone help me find information about a bus from Leon to virgen del camino please. Am going round in circles on Alsa website and google maps not working for me either. I was hoping to go...
Hello, my mom and I are walking the Norte currently and she has developed plantar fasciitis. She can walk some, but would like to bus or taxi some each day. I plan to walk as much as I can. What...
Has anyone successfully changed a Renfe Elige type ticket online? We got elige tickets and are trying to change trains to a different time but it seems to just ask us to buy the tickets again and...
Many months ago we mailed a parcel at Pamplona via Correos with excess baggage home to Canada. Unknowing we failed to have someone at home retrieve this item from the post office. We assumed it...
Good day everyone, I am arriving in Biarritz this weekend and I am wondering what is the best way to go to Irun: 30 km might be a bit too much for the first day so I am wondering if I should do...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back