Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Salamanca credencial

Antnix1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Mozarabe
I'd advise people not to get their credential from Salamanca.

At first glance it appear clever, but each box has the name of a stage. If you deviate from their suggested stages, split stages (as i did with today's 35km stage) or double up you'll end up with blank boxes and/or no place for the stamp.

Their solution is the reverse side has a large blank page for "other stamps" although I usually asked albergues to stamp a blank area on the front or just stamp a wrong box.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I got my credencial in Salamanca and it is the same as what is sold here on the forum and also what I got in Seville. I didn't get it at the catedral tho. Where did you get yours?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I got one of these a few years ago. It ended up being a mess. They're trying to reinvent the wheel and they should really leave it alone.

We have both kinds at the albergue, but we have only two left of the regular kind and  tons of the Salamanca specific ones. I asked my municipal contact for more of the regular ones but none have been forthcoming. Since we do have people asking for credencials who are not walking north on the VDLP (and thus  cannot use the Salamanca ones) I've been trying to keep my last couple of regular ones for them. Once they are gone, it seems, there will be no regular credencials available in Salamanca.

I wasn't pushing the Salamanca-specific ones until I found out I could get no new stock of the regulars.

Edited to add: I just noticed this is an old thread. I wonder why it popped up now.

Edited to add: I just noticed this is an old thread. I wonder why it popped up now.
Look for a deleted post. Someone may have posted on the wrong thread. I've done that a few times.

And thank you David for your Salamanca posts. Very informative and entertaining. And let me add, good looking hat.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Look for a deleted post. Someone may have posted on the wrong thread. I've done that a few times.

And thank you David for your Salamanca posts. Very informative and entertaining. And let me add, good looking hat.
I think I accidentally clicked on a "similar thread" at the bottom of my thread.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m in Salamanca planning the next few days on the VDLP. Looking to take the alternative route from Montamarta to Tabara on A66. Any +/- feedback on this route from those who have taken this path.
I'm hoping to walk one section of the Mozárabe (Granada to Córdoba) and two sections of the Via de la Plata (Sevilla to Mérida and Salamanca or Zamora to Astorga) in February 2025. This will be...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back