• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Renfe train service from Oviedo to Aviles

Michael Mattalo

A Renaissance Man
Time of past OR future Camino
See My Signature
Good evening fellow pilgrims. Does anyone on the ground along Norte (Oviedo) know the status of Renfe rail service from Oviedo to Aviles? I've been looking at train schedule options on Oct 8 and the results for that date on the Renfe website shows no trains available. I also see an "Alert" message "Alternative transport via road due to Adif's works on the C5 Gijón-Laviana line". But the Ovideo to Aviles runs on the C3 line, not C5? Any insights or guidance please? Thank you.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
I've been looking at train schedule options on Oct 8 and the results for that date on the Renfe website shows no trains available.
The line between Oviedo and Avilés is the Cercanías (commuter) line, not a regular Renfe train. It looks to me like the schedules don’t go out that far in advance, but you will not buy a ticket in advance (you just get them when you arrive at the station), and you can be pretty confident that the schedule in October will be the same as it is today.

About every half an hour there is a Alsa bus service from the Bus Station,, next door to the Train Station,,, shortest trip takes 30 minutes,, buy ticket at the Station

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thank you. I did also check the commuter line schedule and got the same message. We have a rest day in Oviedo so will check it out when we are there. I think bus is also an option. Thx.

About every half an hour there is a Alsa bus service from the Bus Station,, next door to the Train Station,,, shortest trip takes 30 minutes,, buy ticket at the Station
Thank you. Will look at that option as well. We have a test day in Oviedo so we can check it out while there.

Most read last week in this forum