Recommended souvenir shops in Santiago

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
London
johnelsewhere.blog
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2018), Português (2019), Inglés (2022)
I’m a terrible shopper, confounded by too much choice.

I’d like to pick up a few nice souvenirs of my latest trip, like a third wristband to accompany these two.

Where should I go? Which shops offer best value/most authentic items to choose from?
C09C8605-76D3-4378-88E2-ABE2C4014289.jpegC09C8605-76D3-4378-88E2-ABE2C4014289.jpeg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2014
Kent, UK
canterburypilgrim.wordpress.com
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
Sadly, in any city in the world, souvenir shops are much of a muchness. As for the authenticity of these outpourings from the PRC . . . (except the Compostela, obviously)

Just choose what takes your fancy and avoid anything likely to give you a rash/turn your skin green.

Hope you enjoyed your "Ingles" though it's a different enough experience to warrant a souvenir.

natefaith

Veteran Member
Aug 25, 2011
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
pilgrimhousesantiago.com
2009, 2014, 2017, fall 2024
Hi John,
I like the "El Peregrino" shops on Rua do Vilar. There are two of them. If you don't find what you like there, Rua do Vilar has a bunch of souvenir shops where we've found things.

There's also a shop called "The Pilgrim" on Xelmirez that carries some unique things.

And if you're looking for Galicia-focused souvenirs like fun notebooks and prints, there's a store at Rua Nova, 3, called "A Atlantica". Bonus is it's just a few doors down from us at Pilgrim House! :)

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mar 27, 2013
Ribadavia : Geira Arrieiros & Miñoto do Ribeiro
www.linkedin.com
From Braga to Santiago.
The easiest thing to do is type in Google Maps App Santiago de Compostela then when you see site centred map of Santiago type the words souvenir shops or gift shops then you get a long list of them all with customer comments etc.

What's unique to Santiago is their artisan silver makers so head to the square Praza das Praterias and then off it head along Rua do Vilar which is full of gift shops with the local silver jewellery etc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dec 23, 2013
Huntington Beach, California
See signature.
So walking around in Santiago near the cathedral is OVERWHELMING if you are looking for souvenirs. I had some friends last year who asked the same thing. Now not being a big souvenir guy myself, I said, “go into a shop, then leave, walk next door, go in, try again.”

Reactions: Antonius Vaessen

Scott Sweeney

Veteran Member
Jun 19, 2014
Fredericksburg, Va.
I’m a terrible shopper, confounded by too much choice.

I’d like to pick up a few nice souvenirs of my latest trip, like a third wristband to accompany these two.

Where should I go? Which shops offer best value/most authentic items to choose from?
View attachment 122267View attachment 122267
From most souvenir shops I've seen carry just about the same souvenirs. Most are mass produced and spread across Northern Spain. I will say that unless you go to specialty shop's that deal with silver or gold.
My grand daughter has always crafted one for .e before starting my walks. Seek and you shall find.
Good luck.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Tiger 48

May 22, 2017
2014 Frances. 2017 to be Norte
So walking around in Santiago near the cathedral is OVERWHELMING if you are looking for souvenirs. I had some friends last year who asked the same thing. Now not being a big souvenir guy myself, I said, “go into a shop, then leave, walk next door, go in, try again.”
You are so right Damien!

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
London
johnelsewhere.blog
Francés (2018), Português (2019), Inglés (2022)
Hi John,
I like the "El Peregrino" shops on Rua do Vilar. There are two of them. If you don't find what you like there, Rua do Vilar has a bunch of souvenir shops where we've found things.

There's also a shop called "The Pilgrim" on Xelmirez that carries some unique things.

And if you're looking for Galicia-focused souvenirs like fun notebooks and prints, there's a store at Rua Nova, 3, called "A Atlantica". Bonus is it's just a few doors down from us at Pilgrim House! :)
Are you guys there today? I’m luxuriating in the sun in the square right now, but it would be lovely to say “hello” later this afternoon.

Reactions: natefaith
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dec 23, 2013
Huntington Beach, California
See signature.
Loving the current bracelets you're wearing...may I ask where you got those from? Or maybe they are easily come by...starting my Camino in 3 weeks..would love to have one now!
I like the bracelets too, and for whatever reason, I prefer the ones you can buy from a little girl and her mom on the side of the trail. Think Lemonade Stand. There are some. Well, there is also the occasional long hair (gasp) dude who has good stuff on the table at the side of the trail, usually made by hand. I have all varieties though, even the commercial ones available… better to get them on the way than b4, imo for what it’s worth.

Most read last week in this forum

To anyone who just finished the Camino these past few days, or who will be finishing the Camino today or tomorrow: If you'll have finished the Camino by tomorrow night and if you'll be in...
Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...
Hi to all, I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides