Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions about availability of facilities in November.

TulasiPriya

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024
Buen Camino, peregrinos! It's getting closer for me, and I. am. TERRIFIED.

But I'm just trying to keep plugging away at my preparations.

How difficult is it to get a taxi in the off-season (November-December)?

Can I get luggage transport? Because of some medical needs, I'd like to bring a small suitcase or overnight bag. I've heard you can only transport backpacks. I plan to stay in private rooms whenever possible (or finances dictate), if that makes a difference.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello and... take a deep breath and come DOWN!
You are NOT going to the middle of Sahara - you are travelling through SPAIN!

Most of the albergues, bars and restaurants can and will call you a taxi. Sometimes you have to wait for one but come it will - no worries

Tons of companies provide luggage transport on the way. Most albergues have the envelopes available. All you have to do is to let them (transport co) know where to ... know where they need to take it (write it with your name on the said envelope, put the money into the envelope at going rate - usually 5-7 E and give them a call or SMS via WhatsAp to let them know your name and which albergue to pick it up). You cannot transport HARDSHELL suitcases, but backpacks and duffel bags are fine; that said I obviously would not pack one to weight 1000kg (I think the limit is about 50-75kg, someone please correct me or confirm).
The only downside to this is - you must book accomodations ahead since you do have to let the Co know where to take your bag. That takes away being spontaneous and flexible but... you win some you lose some

its all good. and it will be fine. and there will be folks (hospitaleras included) who will help you on the spot if need be

Relax and "get existed" for th right reason

Good Luck and Buen Camino!

Can I get luggage transport?

Tons of companies provide luggage transport on the way

Most of the luggage transport services end in late October. As far as I know the only regular services in November are on the section of the Frances from Sarria onwards and on the Portugues from Tui.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola

I think you can use the Spanish poststal service all year for transportastion.

Look here :

Else look here at this thread:

Regarding Taxi then you can compare Spain with any other western country. There will be taxis around all year.

For now - take it easy.
Focus on getting most of your gear ready and get yourself to your starting point.
The rest will unfold for you as you walk - one day at the time.

Remember:
Everything flows
Flow with it

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Most of the luggage transport services end in late October. As far as I know the only regular services in November are on the section of the Frances from Sarria onwards and on the Portugues from Tui.
I hope that is not actually the case (pun intended).

Hola

I think you can use the Spanish poststal service all year for transportastion.

Look here :

Else look here at this thread:

Regarding Taxi then you can compare Spain with any other western country. There will be taxis around all year.

For now - take it easy.
Focus on getting most of your gear ready and get yourself to your starting point.
The rest will unfold for you as you walk - one day at the time.

Remember:
Everything flows
Flow with it

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo
Thank you. I looked at the link and the Correo is for sending your stuff to Santiago. I'm talking about transporting to my next night's accommodation.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Which Camino are you walking and were are you starting? Spain Portugal France?

Hola

I doesn't really say that they dont transport in winter.
If you try to send a package then you can enter the date for pickup all winter.
So it seems like it is possible to send during winter.

It may just be due to lack of updating the page.

Lettinggo

Correos transport is Easter to Oct 31 except for Sarria to Santiago and Tui to Santiago. I am not aware of any other service that transports Nov to Easter timeframe.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola

I doesn't really say that they dont transport in winter.
If you try to send a package then you can enter the date for pickup all winter.
So it seems like it is possible to send during winter.

It may just be due to lack of updating the page.

Lettinggo
Look at the drop down arrow called delivery details.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Taxis should be available. Some have contracts to transport school children in rural areas so it is possible you may need to wait a bit depending on the time of day. You can usually ask at a bar or your lodging for a number to carry with you the next day in case of need.

Buen Camino, peregrinos! It's getting closer for me, and I. am. TERRIFIED.

But I'm just trying to keep plugging away at my preparations.

How difficult is it to get a taxi in the off-season (November-December)?

Can I get luggage transport? Because of some medical needs, I'd like to bring a small suitcase or overnight bag. I've heard you can only transport backpacks. I plan to stay in private rooms whenever possible (or finances dictate), if that makes a difference.
You’re going to have to help us out with which route and from where (although I could venture a guess) and when. Many factors are specific to those three variables.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
(...)

If you are terrified and have medical needs, perhaps you should not walk off-season.
Could you review your planning and start in spring ?
I'm just overstating my anxiety, that's all. I'm not terrified for any medical reason. No intentions of starting in the spring. It's now or (maybe) never.

"Medical needs" is shorthand for minor things I use to function optimally, not lifesaving devices or medications. If the facilities are there, November will be fine, until it's not. And if they're not, I'll prepare for that.

Most read last week in this forum

I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I searched the forum and only saw threads about Portugal. I was googling for info about the fires, and Google Maps showed one in Spain. No idea how...
Anyone struggling to find a place in Los arcos 6 km beyond is albergue sansol oasis.I can highly recommend excellent host and food
Hi, We walked the Camino de Santiago for the first time in May & June this year, and absolutely loved it. We plan on walking the first week again in October (with a view to going back later next...
I heard it mentioned that rather than walking through the industrial section of Leon it was possible to take a bus out of the city....but where to?
Hi do any of my pergrino friends have an Amazon watch charger with them I could use to charge my watch up in burgos on the 20th of september.buen camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back