• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Poladura de la Tercia Posada el Embrujo Sun/Mon closure?

devijohnson

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2023
Hi all, I am walking the San Salvador the beginning of July and I'll be in Poladura de la Tercia on a Sunday night. I messaged Posada el Embrujo to reserve a bed and their response makes it seem like they don't take reservations for a bed for Sunday night, leaving on Monday. I know they are closed on Monday, but I didn't realize they wouldn't take room reservations for Sunday night. Has this been anyone else's experience?

Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
I slept there on a sundaynight in April this year. Also had dinner and breakfast monday morning. The owner came back to the hotel on Monday morning to make me breakfast, although it was his restday.
Maybe the owner has decided not to take hotel guests on Sundays, so that he has Monday completely free?
There is an albergue directly behind the hotel, you must book in advance. Perhaps you can have dinner at the hotel on Sunday evening, otherwise bring your own food because there are no other facilities in the village

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed in the public albergue for directly behind that hotel/restaurant last May. The hotel and restaurant could not serve me at all because a family had reserved everything for its reunion. So I carried my own food. That may be your only option. Or you can alter your stages.

I don't think you can reserve the Albergue but they have a very good kitchen so if you can't get a meal at the Posada (you may get the Menu /day time which is amazing) you can cook/eat at Albergue.

Commenting here in case anyone has this question in the future - I stayed at Posada el Embrujo on a Sunday evening, no problem. I got there around 3:30 and was on the only one for that night. They asked if I could eat then, during the height of lunch, rather than that evening so they could close the kitchen. Th hospitalero would have come on Monday after 8:30 to make breakfast, but since I had planned on leaving earlier than that, he left out bread, jam, coffee, and milk for the next morning for me. Lovely room, excellent food, and a great place to stay!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks - I about 9 days I will be arriving in Leon and need to decide if I will continue with my original plan to walk the SS (and then the Primitivo) or just keep rolling on the Frances (which...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.