• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Pipes anyone?

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
I enjoy threads that have a themed topic of pictures, where members can join in with their personal favorites.
@David Tallan is in Salamanca and in looking through my own photos of its cathedral, I came across my own of its beautiful organ pipes. I am always enthralled in cathedrals when I look upward and see them in all their "glory". Interestingly, some larger cathedrals have more than just one.
Here are a few of mine and I'd enjoy seeing yours...

In order:
Salamanca, Segovia, Avila, Moissac, Cahors
Screenshot_20241020-043144~2.webpScreenshot_20241020-051145~2.webpScreenshot_20241020-052114~2.webpScreenshot_20241020-043512~3.webpScreenshot_20241020-065844~2.webp

The 2025 edition of the Lightfoot Guide to the via Podiensis is now available
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My first picture was taken in Roncesvalles. I find it very unique how they integrated the pipes into the arquitecture:

Roncesvalles.webp

The next one is from Nuestra Señora del Manzano, the church as you enter Castrojeriz:

Castojeriz .webp

The last one was taken in Santiago Cathedral. I tried to position myself so that the pipes of the opposite prospect would be captured as well:

Santiago.webp

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Also Santiago - we were fascinated by the horizontal pipes so one looking at them and one from below well as the view down the Cathedral. Taken in 2011

pipes.webp pipes-2.webp pipes-3.webp

I enjoy threads that have a themed topic of pictures, where members can join in with their personal favorites.
@David Tallan is in Salamanca and in looking through my own photos of its cathedral, I came across my own of its beautiful organ pipes. I am always enthralled in cathedrals when I look upward and see them in all their "glory". Interestingly, some larger cathedrals have more than just one.

In order:
View attachment 179392View attachment 179393View attachment 179394View attachment 179395View attachment 179396

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The church of Los Arcos ( C.frances), though only a parish church, has some pretty spectacular anthropomorphic organ pipes - with mouth, eyes, etc.

In order:
View attachment 179392View attachment 179393View attachment 179394View attachment 179395View attachment 179396

The organ pipes are one of the first things I notice in a church or cathedral.
These from the Cathedral in Santiago. I actually took the photo because of all the cherubs, who I hadn't noticed so much before the restoration. Now they look like they're jumping out from between the pipes like ants pouring out from cracks in a wall.

Attachments

• 20240418_190514.webp
    20240418_190514.webp
    2 MB · Views: 11

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

After reading several posts today, I am reminded of two old sayings that were a major part of my adult life: 1. Proper prior planning prevents poor performance. 2. No plan survives initial...
Just a shout out to all the wonderful people currently out on the trail. This is not easy and you are out here doing it with grace, humor, and compassion! Currently dealing with lots of rain and...
No, not me, but Jamie O'Connell, 'What is a pilgrimage if you are not religious?' in today's Irish Times: 'What I grew to enjoy was the messages (graffiti) that had been left by others along the...
Hi, I did the French Camino from August 25th to September 17th, starting in Saint Jean Pied-de-Port. An amazing experience that I can't get over from :-). Met so many people that gave me joy...
I enjoy threads that have a themed topic of pictures, where members can join in with their personal favorites. @David Tallan is in Salamanca and in looking through my own photos of its cathedral...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back