• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pipes anyone?

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
I enjoy threads that have a themed topic of pictures, where members can join in with their personal favorites.
@David Tallan is in Salamanca and in looking through my own photos of its cathedral, I came across my own of its beautiful organ pipes. I am always enthralled in cathedrals when I look upward and see them in all their "glory". Interestingly, some larger cathedrals have more than just one.
Here are a few of mine and I'd enjoy seeing yours...

In order:
Salamanca, Segovia, Avila, Moissac, Cahors

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
My first picture was taken in Roncesvalles. I find it very unique how they integrated the pipes into the arquitecture:

The next one is from Nuestra Señora del Manzano, the church as you enter Castrojeriz:

The last one was taken in Santiago Cathedral. I tried to position myself so that the pipes of the opposite prospect would be captured as well:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The church of Los Arcos ( C.frances), though only a parish church, has some pretty spectacular anthropomorphic organ pipes - with mouth, eyes, etc.

The organ pipes are one of the first things I notice in a church or cathedral.
These from the Cathedral in Santiago. I actually took the photo because of all the cherubs, who I hadn't noticed so much before the restoration. Now they look like they're jumping out from between the pipes like ants pouring out from cracks in a wall.

Attachments

• 20240418_190514.webp
    2 MB · Views: 14

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum