• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim House - 10th birthday party on Tuesday, July 23, 2024!

natefaith

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017, fall 2024
Hello everyone!

Pilgrim House Welcome Center turns 10 years old this week! If you'll be in Santiago on Tuesday, July 23, please stop in to celebrate with us:

10th anniversary invite.jpeg

We'll have an Open House and snacks all day long, so join us for the festivities if you're in town.

Feel free to share this invitation with any friends who are walking.

As we reflect on the last ten years, we feel blessed and privileged to have met many of you from the Forum :). Hope to see some of you on Tuesday!

P.S. Yes, it's also the same day as the "The Way, My Way" movie premiere at the Teatro Principal, which happens to be right next door. It's going to be a busy day!!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Happy Birthday and Congratulations. You provide a wonderful centre of calm which I for one truly appreciate. Hope to see you in October.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Back is blank for engraving.
Huge congratulations on 10 years of doing so much to help so many. Pilgrim House is always a stopping point for me when I get to Santiago.

Hello everyone!

Pilgrim House Welcome Center turns 10 years old this week! If you'll be in Santiago on Tuesday, July 23, please stop in to celebrate with us:

View attachment 174956

We'll have an Open House and snacks all day long, so join us for the festivities if you're in town.

As we reflect on the last ten years, we feel blessed and privileged to have met many of you from the Forum :). Hope to see some of you on Tuesday!

P.S. Yes, it's also the same day as the "The Way, My Way" movie premiere at the Teatro Principal, which happens to be right next door. It's going to be a busy day!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Congratulations Faith!!

I highly recommend that anyone on their way to Santiago...put the (free) Pilgrim House Welcome Center on the top of the list to visit.
Perfect place to rest and think back on your adventure.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Happy 10th anniversary to the Pilgrim House! My thanks to everything you and team do, @natefaith

(which includes helping me out with that tricky hiking pole that wouldn’t collapse, when I popped into the Pilgrim House last month after finishing the Norte :))

Hello everyone!

View attachment 174956

Congratulations Pilgrim House - 10 years of fantastic service to pilgrims the world over. We have called in on 2 occasions when we have walked various pilgrim routes and the smiles and welcomes have always been warm. As pilgrims from Australia (DownUnder) we can highly recommend the movie "The Way, My Way" - it is funny and focuses as much on the walk as the characters who walk it. Based on a true story, and filmed with an Australian sense of humour, I'm sure you'll love it. For us it was a more realistic take on the Camino than the original film "The Way" with Martin Sheen. We'd love to be there to celebrate with you, but not this year.
Buen Camino to all those on the various paths, doing it "Your Way"

Congratulation on reaching your 10 year milestone, what you do for pilgrims is wonderful. Unfortunately I won't be in SDC until the end of October, so I'll visit then.

Hello everyone!

View attachment 174956

1721550524451.jpeg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello everyone!

View attachment 174956

Congratulations.you guys helped me out when I was hospitalised in Leon in 2017.had no one to turn to and you stayed in touch and even sent someone to see me .i came to your place to thank you and Nate afterwards. Been back twice since but you weren’t there. happy 10th birthday.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Faith a couple of years ago. I do regard the Pilgrim House as an exceptional place in Santiago and to have been there providing such a range of help and advice for ten years is a remarkable achievement.

Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations
We remember the earliest days with Jeremy! It’s a rare occurrence when such a beautiful dream comes true! Your hard work has made an oasis!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hello everyone!

View attachment 174956

Congratulations!

Hello everyone!

A very happy 10th birthday to you all at Pilgrim House. We remember our visit to you in 2015 - our last time walking the Camino. Enjoy the day and the celebrations!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I would love to hear feed back from anyone who is walking between Logrono to Belorado today. It should be an exciting day if one is into bike racing.
I tried to search threads for this information, so apologies if it's already been covered. I will have 1-2 nights in Santiago. With limited time, I'd rather have 1-2 meaningful experiences, than...
Hi Folks, I'm guiding a group on pilgrimage next summer and am on the hunt for either a retreat house or a house for rent in/near Santiago for us to conclude our time together and debrief the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back