on line Spanish Civil War Museum

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
In The Guardian published 10 October 2022 Sam Jones discusses a new
on line virtual Spanish Civil War Museum
which has just opened its digital doors.
Read/see more of the first exhibits by tapping the above link.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

dick bird

Staff member
Feb 2, 2020
Sydney
2012, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2024
I read the article. It made a couple of interesting points - one was that memory and history are not the same thing, the other point was that our knowledge of history is like a set of islands and the aim of the curators was to try and link the islands.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2014
Kent, UK
canterburypilgrim.wordpress.com
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
I’ve had a virtual ‘stroll’ through the museum and it’s worth a visit. I’ve just finished Anthony Beever’s comprehensive ‘The War in Spain’ and anything with pictures is a welcome relief.
It's a very worthy book, as are all of his, but you soon get bogged down by the mass of acronyms don't you?

Matthew_SWilson

Matthew S. Wilson - Author
Mar 1, 2011
www.matthew-s-wilson.com
Sept/Oct 2010
Thanks for sharing this. Have had a quick look at the digital museum and it looks terrific. I’ve read widely about the Spanish Civil War and it’s aftermath but I’m always moved by the personal stories and tragedies caused. The article in itself is fascinating. “The Francoists kidnapped the pain of the Spaniards,” was a striking sentence.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Too many and too often!
I’ve read widely about the Spanish Civil War and it’s aftermath but I’m always moved by the personal stories and tragedies caused.
If you can access the BBC Sounds service you might find this interesting. A folk singing trio built a musical stage show around the early life story and recorded words of an English man who found himself drawn to fight with the International Brigade. Some parts are very funny. Others of course are not.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Jan 3, 2017
Lancashire UK
Annually - often more - from 2014
It's a very worthy book, as are all of his, but you soon get bogged down by the mass of acronyms don't you?
It reminded me of reading about the War the Roses; I had to draw diagrams to keep track of who was who and whom they were fighting against at any point in time. I ploughed on; but it wasn’t an easy read.

Reactions: Jeff Crawley

Matthew_SWilson

Matthew S. Wilson - Author
Mar 1, 2011
www.matthew-s-wilson.com
Sept/Oct 2010
If you can access the BBC Sounds service you might find this interesting. A folk singing trio built a musical stage show around the early life story and recorded words of an English man who found himself drawn to fight with the International Brigade. Some parts are very funny. Others of course are not.

Thanks for sharing - I was able to access it. This was brilliant 😊

Most read last week in this forum

Good afternoon, all: My apologies if this question is answered in another post. I am walking the Camino Frances in three weeks from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela and would appreciate any...
There are many 'What a lovely wonderful day that was' on the Camino but there are also days that are more difficult, 'Thank Goodness that's over'. History shows us that such was always the...
I've used Duolingo and Babbel, and have started listening to language transfer. But so far, I'm liking Wlingua the best. It presents clear differences between Spanish/Espana and Spanish/Latin...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.