• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Oldtimers can i pick pick your brains for a sec ?

JoroAtanasof

Time of past OR future Camino
one too many
So since 2018 i compleated Camino Frances/Portuges/Primitivo/Norte . Some of them more than once . It may sounds like a lot (FB) but not in this forum ..... I don't have any plans for 2025 camino and to be honest i dont feel the calling like i used to . However just in case can you recomend some of the other routes ? 2 or 3 weeks time perhaps , April till October ? And yes i have other plans for 2025 like TMB and possibly bikepacking ruta de la plata (i don't think of it as camino/pilgimage though ) .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mozarabe? Levante? Invierno?
Or are you drawn to something else? Kilamanjaro? Machu Picchu? Everest Base Camp? Trans Siberian Railway? a cruise?
i am quite interested what is your opinion/recommendations about those 3 caminos . Most of the places in your second sentence are memories a part from the cruises

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ok... I'm interested. Do you have an itinerary for the first leg from Lourdes to Oloron?
Lourdes is on the Piamonte route.

When you get to Oloron-Sainte-Marie you continue onto the Arles route to Somport, then the Camino Aragonés.

Ok... I'm interested. Do you have an itinerary for the first leg from Lourdes to Oloron?

I had no guidebook in 2018 -- and relied entirely upon the good services of Amawalkers and the Forum's own sillydoll.... (I had made previous visits to Lourdes in 1977 and 1978 for --well, let's just say "professional reasons". It's a strange and wonderful place!) I don't think that there is a guidebook even today.

Day 1 - Lourdes to Betharram, 17 km.
Day 2 - Betharrem to Arudy, 23.4 km
Day 3 - Arudy to Oloron, 23.2 km

Walking through that stretch of southern France was like walking through the Shire.... Absolutely charming.

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum