Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Okay, which one of you did this?

Telelama

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances '14, '15
Portuguese '16
Primitivo '23, '24
Hello,

When we passed the split to go either the Hospitales route or the Pola de Allande route in late May this year, we found an amazing wood bench with an awesome wood carving of Yoda. I thought I must have just forgotten about it from last year when I passed this split, but a recent YouTube video I watched from early May shows the bench was not there.

It's really amazing, someone put in a lot of effort to create it and to place it. Kudos to them and thanks! We enjoyed sitting and looking at the great view.

Anyone know who or why this bench was placed here?

Attachments

• Hospitales Polo cut-off wBench.png
    Hospitales Polo cut-off wBench.png
    15.8 MB · Views: 1,317
  • Hospitales Polo cut-off.png
    Hospitales Polo cut-off.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 382
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That's a much better rendition of Yoda than this one somewhere near Cacabelos on the CF.
yoda-and-grape-harvester-jpg.82807

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
Oh, ok I get it now! The writing is a quote by the Islamic poet, Hafiz…and some people think Yoda is supposed to be or represent a Sufi master maybe? Funny, I always thought of Yoda as a Buddhist! Have never seen much of Islam reflected in him. Just my opinion, of course. Does anyone know what the writing means under Yoda himself? Is it the artist’s signature? I’d love to know.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The wheel might represent the Buddhist Dharma wheel. Certainly looks like it.

Oh, ok I get it now! The writing is a quote by the Islamic poet, Hafiz…and some people think Yoda is supposed to be or represent a Sufi master maybe? Funny, I always thought of Yoda as a Buddhist! Have never seen much of Islam reflected in him. Just my opinion, of course. Does anyone know what the writing means under Yoda himself? Is it the artist’s signature? I’d love to know.
It's the Hindu Om (or Aum) symbol - I think this bench is designed to be multi-faith! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

Hello,

When we passed the split to go either the Hospitales route or the Pola de Allande route in late May this year, we found an amazing wood bench with an awesome wood carving of Yoda. I thought I must have just forgotten about it from last year when I passed this split, but a recent YouTube video I watched from early May shows the bench was not there.

It's really amazing, someone put in a lot of effort to create it and to place it. Kudos to them and thanks! We enjoyed sitting and looking at the great view.

Anyone know who or why this bench was placed here?
The first week in May Yoda was there and visited by a weary pilgrim

Attachments

• 41B85A03-DFDF-4A04-9C73-DE4DF39F80B8.jpeg
    41B85A03-DFDF-4A04-9C73-DE4DF39F80B8.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 77
  • AC33FECB-BC74-42BA-8E3B-1DC769B06EE2.jpeg
    AC33FECB-BC74-42BA-8E3B-1DC769B06EE2.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 74
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
first week in May Yoda was there

What was the date of that picture?

We know the bench was not there on or around 28 April and was there on 12 May.

I also wonder why the writing is in English, not Spanish?

Someone(s) put a lot of time and effort into creating and installing this beautiful bench.

Attachments

• IMG_20240531_153410.jpg
    IMG_20240531_153410.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 102
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, When we passed the split to go either the Hospitales route or the Pola de Allande route in late May this year, we found an amazing wood bench with an awesome wood carving of Yoda. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back