• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Lagar de Jesus

grdemedeiros

Time of past OR future Camino
2025 - Portuguese Route
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions:

1) Seems doable to get there in one day from Vilanova de Arousa, if you've caught a morning boat. About how many Kilometers from Pontecesuras?

2) Do they have private rooms this year? The website says "coming soon" but I couldn't quite tell a) if soon's arrived 😊and b) how many people it's for (seems like 4, but wondering if there's a room for 2).

3) If you stayed there, did you walk the next day all the way to SdC? About how many Kilometers?

4) I read that the hospitality is great! Would love more folks' impressions.

For reference, we're walking from Porto (Coastal, Central, Spiritual).

Please and thank you for sharing!

Train for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions:

1) Seems doable to get there in one day from Vilanova de Arousa, if you've caught a morning boat. About how many Kilometers from Pontecesuras?

2) Do they have private rooms this year? The website says "coming soon" but I couldn't quite tell a) if soon's arrived 😊and b) how many people it's for (seems like 4, but wondering if there's a room for 2).

3) If you stayed there, did you walk the next day all the way to SdC? About how many Kilometers?

Hello, stayed at O Lagar about one month ago and really recommend it. Short walk from the boat, about 5 km i think and that leaves about 21 to santiago the next day. Its a lovely big house with courtyard, bar and a huge garden with a pool . We had a really nice afternoon in the sun with other pilgrims and then a nice communal dinner. The new owners were so lovely and friendly and the dorms were so spacious. Cant answer about private rooms but i would say to book as Anna the owner said they already had tons of bookings for the season.
Its lovely, enjoy !

Hi Gretchen
I stayed there last night and really enjoyed it.
1- It was only about ten km from where the boat lets you you off. You could enjoy a leisurely breakfast in Padron and meander your way. We ended up having to hang out for a couple of hours before it opened, but it was pleasant weather with a nice yard. Bring a snack and something to drink.
2- they have at least one private room.
3- it’s about 20 km to Santiago. We took a leisurely pace and made it to Santiago by one p.m. It’s a bit hilly, but the kilometers flew by.
4-the hospitality was great and the fellowship with other pilgrims put it over the top. A great last night before Santiago. Highly recommend. PS they have a swimming pool quite a few of the young women were enjoying. We stuck our feet in and enjoyed getting to know the folks hanging out.
Good luck!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I did exactly what you have in mind. I was on an early boat from Villanova. It's a short walk to Padron where I had breakfast and spent most of the morning exploring. It's an easy walk to O Lagar de Jesus and I was there before checkin time. It is an excellent place to be for your last night on the Camino. I loved it! I don't know about single rooms but the shared rooms are very spacious and the communal dinner was lots of fun.

I left early the next morning. It's about 19k so very doable and I arrived in SDC around 11am.

I hope this helps!

Audrey

We stayed here last June - agree with all of the above😊 we were on a midday boat, lunched in Padron and visited the cathedral then 5k walk to the albergue. Spacious dorms, ensuite type bathrooms - shower, basin and toilet. Great communal dinner. 20k into Santiago next day.20230617_172906.jpg20230617_193121.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Phil and I are in Alaska on a 3 month long camping adventure and we keep meeting Camino pilgrims or people who want to be Camino pilgrims. We have a shell sticker on our pickup topper window...
I am going to fly back from Santander. I would like to take the FEVE along the coast from A Coruna or Ferol to Santander. Previously when I have asked RENFE staff about FEVE I have drawn a blank...
Hi, has anyone here stayed at Hostelfly? It looks walkable from T2. Or is it very busy roads with no sidewalks? My flight arrives late afternoon, then thinking of getting the Alsa bus next...
Hi Everyone New to this forum and appreciating it. I arrive in Bilbao on 28th August at around 9.30 am and planning to get to SJPD in one day. The alternatives, I've researched so far include a...
I'm just about to start my journey tomorrow 25th June flying into Bilbao which arrives in the afternoon hope to out of the airport by 3/30pm . Planning to catch a coach a from Bilbao via San...
Hello, my name is Stephanie and I will walk my first Camino Sept. I’m having difficulty finding trains from Santiago once I am done to get back to Lisbon. Thoughts??

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back