• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Next Camino, which one?

falconbrother

Time of past OR future Camino
June - July 2024
My wife said the words I wanted to hear the other day: "Start looking for our next Camino. Make sure it has good infrastructure, like a bag forwarding service." We walked the Frances from SJPDP to Santiago this year. I loved it very much.

Which way has good infrastructure other than the Frances? Does the Norte or Portuguese Coastal?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Primitivo has bag transport. And I think Ingles has Correos, at a minimum.

I think you have to prioritize the key factors in choosing a Camino and then work down the decision making tree. If bag shuttling is crucial then that narrows it down. If you don’t want to stay in Albergues, that narrows it down even more. Don’t want to walk on grades greater than 10%? That eliminates the early stages of the Le Puy and other Caminos. Want a strong social walk? Not going to find that on the Mozarabe and many others so those are eliminated. The open ended question of “which Camino to do next” gets narrowed down pretty quickly based on your priorities and non-negotiables.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Next year we are planning to do the San Salvador & Primitivo, both of which have luggage transfers.
I didn't realize that there was any luggage transport available on the Salvador, but checked the bag transport thread and found this post:

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum