• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • October the 12th 2004 I posted the first post here on this forum. 20 years have passed. Thank you for being such a good group of people and for hanging around. More here in this thread. All the best from Santiago, Ivar

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

New to the Camino! Where Do Travelers Hang Out in Santiago de Compostela

Time of past OR future Camino
October 26th 2024-November 1st 2024
Hi everyone!

First-time pilgrim here, setting off on the Camino Finisterre starting October 26th. I’ll be spending the full day of October 25th in Santiago de Compostela and would love to know if there are any favourite spots where fellow travellers gather.

I’m really eager to hear the stories of those just finishing their Camino and would also love to connect with anyone starting or continuing on to Finisterre around the same time. Simply curious and excited to meet others on this journey!

Any recommendations or tips would be so appreciated.

Warm wishes,
Cam

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Pilgrim House is an option.

Or the rooms on the first floor of the Oficina de Peregrinos where different countries / confraternities have their meetings.
See Camino Companions.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Walked the Camino to Santiago over 12 times now, never once did I go into the Cathedral. I was impressed by it's understated magnificent facade never felt a need to go in. I am not unreligious...
Me coming into the office this morning..
This is for anyone who has volunteered at the Pilgrim’s office. I have asked a few questions about doing this before but now it’s crunch time as I am flying to Santiago on October 20 to begin my...
Hi, I'm arriving in Santiago soon and was walking the Camino in memory of my parents who recently passed. Does anyone know if the office will allow more than one person to be added as "vicarie pro?"
Hi everyone! First-time pilgrim here, setting off on the Camino Finisterre starting October 26th. I’ll be spending the full day of October 25th in Santiago de Compostela and would love to know if...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back