• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Municipal albergue in Cistierna has reopened

davejsy

Walked the Camino Francés for SSD UK 2023
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2023 sept/Oct
Primitivo July 2024
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I'm getting there in a few days. Will go for a hostal, but good to now there is the albergue if hostals are full!
I stayed there on my first Olvidado, but have since made the switch to the Hotel Moderno. Even if you sleep in the albergue, make sure to eat an excellent menú del día in the hotel restaurant. The albergue is in an old house, and had all the necessary basics - beds, baths with hot water, kitchen even with a coffee pot (but I was glad I had my coil). Another floor of the building was then used for immigrants who were working in the area.

The article says they are going to license it out, so let’s see who thinks it’s a good business proposition to run the albergue. It is in a good location for mountaineering generally, so maybe they should expand their reach to market it to hikers and groups generally. I just don’t see how the Olvidado and Vadiniense traffic can sustain it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It’s very hard to recommend this Albergue so here’s the Facts. October 11th (I think).
It’s easy to find following directions to the Address given. There are phone numbers in the door, the last one answered and said I’ll be there in a moment and he was.
I had the place to myself. Bedsheet provided (disposable). Cost €12. 2 beds in the room I was given, I didn’t see the other rooms. There was No Hot Water in the shower/taps, it got Luke warm. No heat on. There is a very Big Fan heater to plug in and use. The kitchen is a Microwave which had been left filthy and should be replaced. A big fridge had left over stuff in it. No sink no stove , definitely no coffee pot. As I had planned to stay there I cleaned the microwave and ate my dinner as planned. The couches and communal areas look dirty. I went out to a bar and only came back to eat at the table and go to bed.
It turned out that Hostal Moderno did not open the kitchen that day so the other pilgrims were out on the street looking for dinner. There is a Supermarket and Bakery near the Albergue and the Food market is nearby also. I was able to make a hot drinks and eat a breakfast before I left next morning. No Wi-Fi. If I’m going through again I’d have to consider Hostal Moderno.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back