• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Mozárabe February 2025

John Saxon

Time of past OR future Camino
Last Camino: Salvador 2024
I'm hoping to walk one section of the Mozárabe (Granada to Córdoba) and two sections of the Via de la Plata (Sevilla to Mérida and Salamanca or Zamora to Astorga) in February 2025.

This will be my 8th Camino journey. Although I've always gone on my own and don't mind walking alone I've also enjoyed walking with others.

So I'm wondering if anyone might also be walking the Mozárabe or Via de la Plata in February and might be interested in sharing all or part of the journey with me.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Mozarabe in February? Be prepared for a lonely camino. Sorry to be negative but it isn't the most crowded route at the best of times. But all the towns you mention are stunning, absolute gems. On another note, how confident do you feel about the (probably very adverse) weather?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Mozarabe in February? Be prepared for a lonely camino. Sorry to be negative but it isn't the most crowded route at the best of times. But all the towns you mention are stunning, absolute gems. On another note, how confident do you feel about the (probably very adverse) weather?
2023 Pilgrim numbers, those who registered with the association (Almeria to granada) . Expect to see 1-2 pilgrims each day (max) from granada onwards.
- https://drive.google.com/file/d/17L9-UjHlio3kmg_57BU7F0fLCNdcDhBB/view

Agreed, some of the routes are stunning, just be prepared to cross swollen streams and muddy paths during rainy season.

I'm hoping to walk one section of the Mozárabe (Granada to Córdoba) and two sections of the Via de la Plata (Sevilla to Mérida and Salamanca or Zamora to Astorga) in February 2025.

This will be my 8th Camino journey. Although I've always gone on my own and don't mind walking alone I've also enjoyed walking with others.

So I'm wondering if anyone might also be walking the Mozárabe or Via de la Plata in February and might be interested in sharing all or part of the journey with me.
I'm thinking of doing some of both those Caminos but not until YApril. There long and lonely stretches at the best of times from what I'm reading. Buen Camino
Marianne

@John Saxon It’s in my list but not next year and not that early in the year.
As I know it’s fairly isolated I would also prefer to start with a walking buddy - however what happens after the first few days would be open.
Good luck and Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hi John
I see you have added your walking dates to forum calendar. Good idea.

You could also make contact with the amigos of Camino Mozárabe from Almería to Granada. In particular, contact Nely who is in Almería and or Mercedes who is the president of the group. They are a top support group for peregrin@s … can be contacted on WhatsApp and they have a string of Albergues that they will keep you updated re code for entry etc. Nely showed me about the city and even went to Decathlon and picked up poles for me while I was sightseeing.

They have a Facebook group that has regular posts showing there are pilgrims setting out regularly. I’ve attached a link to the latest post.
Note: in Nov 2022 I set out from Almeria but didn’t quite reach Granada due to a fall but until then ; I saw a few others in Albergue at end of day. I didn’t feel alone. (Except when I fell )..
A few of the amigos often drive from Almeria to some of the stops along the way to check that you’re doing ok. This happened on Friday night when I walked.
Then in Guadix ; the amigo based there ‘Paco’ usually makes contact and will take you through the cathedral if you’re interested.
I think mid to late Feb would be a good time to start. & would fit nicely to your 2nd part from Sevilla.
Buen camino. I hope you are one of at least a few walking this special route when you start.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm hoping to walk one section of the Mozárabe (Granada to Córdoba) and two sections of the Via de la Plata (Sevilla to Mérida and Salamanca or Zamora to Astorga) in February 2025. This will be...
Hello all, I will be walking the Camino Mozarabe from Cordoba to Merida in November with two friends. If you’ve walked that route before, I’d love some advice: - Any favorite hostals or albergues...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back