• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mailing a parcel home

Cowboy99

Time of past OR future Camino
April 23 2024
Many months ago we mailed a parcel at Pamplona via Correos with excess baggage home to Canada. Unknowing we failed to have someone at home retrieve this item from the post office. We assumed it wold be held until our return. Not so. Canada Post have specific dates until they return parcel to origin.
Well, many weeks later we arrive home to discover our parcel had been returned to Spain. (actually this was the day we returned home ! )

Now the real problem is to retrieve our goods. After searching everywhere by phone, internet, consular office, and many calls to Canada Post still no parcel. We do do have an investigation / complaint number, but today Correos states "in Research"

My comment to those using homeward shipping is make sure you have set up a correct contact and address at time of posting in Spain. A tracking number is absolutely necessary. AND also make sure your contact knows that the parcel is enroute.

I add it is very, very difficult to deal with international authorities when you do not converse in their language.
Wish me luck that I may one day use my razor again and have a favorite jacket for winter !)

Buen Camino

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Sorry to hear of your plight........ and I can't be of any help.

But for others reading this.

On my last Camino I sent a package from my start point in Sevilla to a halfway point on the way to Santiago.
I think it was Zamora.
A tip I got here was.........

I put the return address as the Post Office in Santiago.

What happended was. I didn't get to Zamora in time to pick up the package.
I think it was to be held for 14 days. Long story. I thought it would be held for 30 days.
Due to package size yada yada, it was sent on a different service. (14 days storage only)

So on arrival in Santiago, one of the Post Office staff had a dig around in the package store, and found my package!!

Moral of the story..............

Carefully consider your 'return address'......

Most read last week in this forum

Just heard on the news that Ryanair is no longer allowed to charge for hand luggage, and has to pay back people, but they didn't say for how long back. I also have no idea if it also applies to...
For our next Camino, we're spending a week in the UK prior. It's for a 50th reunion so we need to take some 'decent' clothes. Suit, shoes etc. The plan then, is to send all that stuff back home...
Planning to start again next year in Leon. What is the best way to get there from Dublin.
It looks like I can do a Camino 2 weeks in November. Planning, and think I will arrive late in the evening in Madrid. Does anyone have experience/recommandation with a (cheapish and ok)...
Can anyone help me find information about a bus from Leon to virgen del camino please. Am going round in circles on Alsa website and google maps not working for me either. I was hoping to go...
Anyone wanting to share a taxi to SJPDP on Thursday 19th around 16:00 ? Direct message me if interested.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back